Wizards vs. Hornets Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 8 (Don't Expect Fireworks at Capital One Arena)
Wizards vs. Hornets Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Capital One Arena -- Washington D.C.
- Coverage: NBCS-DC and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with nine more games, including a battle between the Charlotte Hornets and Washington Wizards. The Hornets rank 14th in the Eastern Conference with a dismal 15-40 record, while the Wizards check in 12th with an 24-29 record.
Charlotte enters as on a four-game losing streak that includes a 119-113 loss to the Orlando Magic on Sunday. Meanwhile, Washington has now dropped each of its last three games thanks to a 114-91 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday. Which streak will get snapped with a victory tonight?
Wizards vs. Hornets Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: WAS: (-176) | CHA: (+148)
- Spread: WAS: -4 (-110) | CHA: +4 (-110)
- Total: 235.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Wizards enter this contest as small home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 235.5 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wizards vs. Hornets Betting Trends
- The Wizards have put together a record of 23-26-1 against the spread this season.
- This year, the Hornets have an against-the-spread record of 14-16-3 in their 33 games as an underdog of 4.5 points or more.
- Games involving the Wizards have hit the over 22 times out of 53 chances this season.
- The Hornets have eclipsed the over/under 49.1% of the time this year (26 of 53 games with a set point total).
- Washington has covered the spread in a lower percentage of its home games than away games. It has covered eight times in 22 games when playing at home, and it has covered 15 times in 28 games when playing on the road.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Charlotte has a lower winning percentage at home (.304, 7-16-0 record) than on the road (.467, 14-13-3).
Wizards vs. Hornets Prediction & Pick
Neither of these teams have had inspiring seasons so far, but at least the Wizards are still in line to compete for a play-in spot. That gives Washington motivation to fight and win this game in front of its home fans. Head coach Wes Unseld Jr.'s team cannot afford to see its losing streak continue to grow.
Keep in mind Washington ranks among the top half of the NBA when it comes to both points allowed per game and opponent shooting percentage. That does not bode well for a Charlotte offense that averages only 112.0 points per game (No. 25 in NBA) on a shooting mark of 45.2% (No. 29 in NBA).
The Hornets have lost five straight road games and I don't see that streak ending on Wednesday.
Final Score Prediction: Wizards: 117 | Hornets: 113
Wizards vs. Hornets Best Bet
Injuries to Bradley Beal and Kyle Kuzma make this game much more of a toss-up than lines up as on paper, so avoiding the spread is a wise move. This battle screams low-scoring game as the Wizards could end up being without their top two scorers and the Hornets have not shot well all season long.
The total has hit the under in five of Charlotte's last six games as well as in four of Washington's last six games overall. The under has also cashed in eight of the last 10 head-to-head matchups between these Eastern Conference foes. This showdown lacks true star power and will lack scoring as a result.
Bet: Under 235.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.