Wisconsin vs Michigan Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 14 (Expect a Close-Fought Big Ten Battle)
Wisconsin vs Michigan Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Wisconsin (14-10, 6-8 Big Ten) vs. Michigan (14-11, 8-6 Big Ten)
- Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Kohl Center -- Madison, Wisconsin
- Coverage: ESPN2
Tuesday, Feb. 14's NCAA college basketball schedule includes some Big Ten action as the Wisconsin Badgers are set to host the Michigan Wolverines at 9 p.m. ET.
A 62-61 loss to ranked Indiana put an end to Michigan's three-game winning streak, leaving time to reveal how the Wolverines respond. Meanwhile, Wisconsin also looks to bounce back after falling 73-63 in overtime to Nebraska in a game that saw the Badgers outscored 12-2 in the extra frame.
So, which of these two Big Ten programs will get back into the win column tonight?
Wisconsin vs Michigan Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: WISC: (-122) | MICH: (+102)
- Spread: WISC: -1.5 (-110) | MICH: +1.5 (-110)
- Total: 131.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Wisconsin enters this contest as the slight home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 131.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Wisconsin vs Michigan Betting Trends
- Wisconsin is 10-13-0 against the spread this year.
- The Badgers' ATS record as 1.5-point favorites or more is 4-7.
- There have been 13 Wisconsin's games (out of 23) that hit the over this year.
- Michigan is 12-13-0 against the spread this year.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point underdogs or more, the Wolverines are 4-5.
- There have been 14 Michigan games (out of 25) that hit the over this season.
|Wisconsin Rank||Wisconsin AVG||Michigan AVG||Michigan Rank|
Wisconsin vs Michigan Prediction & Pick
Though Wisconsin has had some impressive defensive performances this season, that hasn't been the case lately. After allowing 63.6 PPG (No. 28) on the year, the Badgers have allowed 73-plus points in back-to-back outings. Now they must take on the Wolverines, who are averaging 77 points over their last three games.
Michigan's defense has also been solid in recent weeks, surrendering only 63.5 PPG over the last four games. The Wolverines have the edge in the paint, averaging 25.7 defensive rebounds (T-No. 23) while the Badgers only average 31.0 total (T-No. 327). Michigan is also tied for the 38th-most blocks per game (4.5), whereas Wisconsin tallies the 10th-fewest in the country (1.5).
Since Wisconsin has also failed to cover the spread in seven consecutive home games, I don't like its chances of winning tonight. Instead, I'll take Michigan re-finding its groove and walking out of Kohl Center with the victory.
Final Score Prediction: Michigan: 68 | Wisconsin: 64
Wisconsin vs Michigan Best Bet
Since I'm predicting an upset, it only makes sense to back Michigan as the +1.5 underdog. Juwan Howard's team is at least 7-6-1 ATS in Big Ten competition this season, whereas Wisconsin is 4-10 ATS in that regard. Furthermore, the Badgers are also 2-12 ATS in their last 14 outings overall.
Covering the spread in seven of its last 10 games against Wisconsin, back Michigan to continue that trend tonight.
Bet: Michigan +1.5 (-110) or Michigan ML (+102)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.