Wisconsin vs Iowa Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 22 (Hawkeyes Soar Past Badgers in Big Ten Showdown)
Wisconsin vs Iowa Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Wisconsin (15-11, 7-9 Big Ten) vs. Iowa (17-10, 9-7 Big Ten)
- Date: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Kohl Center -- Madison, Wisconsin
- Coverage: BTN
The Wisconsin Badgers and Iowa Hawkeyes are set to go one-on-one in NCAA college basketball action at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Feb. 22.
Wisconsin aims to get back on track after suffering a 58-57 loss to Rutgers on Saturday. On the other hand, Iowa also looks to rebound after an ugly 80-60 loss to Northwestern in its last outing.
Does Wisconsin have what it takes to thwart its Big Ten rival at home? Or will Iowa leave the Kohl Center with its 18th victory of the season?
Wisconsin vs Iowa Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: WISC: (-102) | IOWA: (-118)
- Spread: WISC: +1.5 (-115) | IOWA: -1.5 (-105)
- Total: 139.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Iowa enters this contest as the slim road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 146139.55 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Wisconsin vs Iowa Betting Trends
- Wisconsin is 12-13-0 against the spread this year.
- As 0.5-point favorites or more, the Badgers are 5-7 against the spread.
- Wisconsin has played 25 games this year, and 13 of them have gone over the total.
- Iowa has beaten the spread 15 times in 27 games.
- The Hawkeyes have won twice ATS (2-3) as a 0.5-point underdog or more this year.
- There have been 15 Iowa games (out of 27) that hit the over this year.
|Wisconsin Rank||Wisconsin AVG||Iowa AVG||Iowa Rank|
Wisconsin vs Iowa Prediction & Pick
Iowa's offense has been tremendous this season, averaging 80.3 PPG (No. 15). Having said that, the defense's left a lot to be desired. While the Hawkeyes have allowed 73.7 PPG (No. 262) over the course of the campaign, that number has slightly increased to 75.4 points over their last five games.
The good news is that Wisconsin's offense isn't strong enough to exploit Iowa's offensive shortcomings. The Badgers average just 64.7 PPG (T-No. 322) on 41.1% shooting (No. 320) while only averaging 65.7 possessions per contest (No. 346).
Iowa also has a clear advantage when it comes to rebounding, averaging 36.7 boards (T-No. 63) compared to Wisconsin's 31.3 (No. 318). With how often the Badgers miss their shots, there's no doubt that the Hawkeyes' rebounders will make them pay for those mistakes.
While oddsmakers are predicting this to be a close game, it's clear that Iowa is the better team.
Final Score Prediction: Iowa: 74 | Wisconsin: 68
Wisconsin vs Iowa Best Bet
Regardless of who wins, a projected total of 139.5 points is too low for my liking. For starters, the over is 13-5 in Iowa's last 18 games, as well as 10-4 in its most recent 14 against Big Ten opponents. On top of that, the Hawkeyes and Badgers have hit the over in three of their last four meetings, surpassing 139.5 points in each occurrence.
After the two rivals combined for 153 points in their first meeting of the season, I'd be shocked if they don't hit the over again tonight.
Bet: Over 139.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.