Wisconsin vs Indiana Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 18 Wisconsin (11-4,3-2 Big Ten) vs. Indiana (10-6, 1-4 Big Ten)
- Date: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall -- Bloomington, Indiana
Saturday, Jan. 14's NCAA basketball schedule includes Big Ten action between the No. 18 Wisconsin Badgers and Indiana Hoosiers.
After a strong start to the campaign, Wisconsin has lost back-to-back outings, most recently falling 69-65 to Michigan State on Tuesday. Indiana's luck hasn't been much better, though. The Hoosiers lost 85-66 to Penn State a few nights ago, marking their third consecutive loss.
Can Wisconsin put an end to its skid with a victory this afternoon? Or will Indiana end its own losing streak before it's too late?
Wisconsin vs Indiana Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: WISC: (+168) | IU: (-205)
- Spread: WISC: +4.5 (-104) | IU: -4.5 (-118)
- Total: 135.5 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
Indiana enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 1 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 135.5 points with the over being favored at -112 odds.
Wisconsin vs Indiana Betting Trends
- Wisconsin is 5-0 straight up in its last five games against Indiana.
- Indiana is 0-7 against the spread (ATS) in its last seven games.
- The total has hit the over in five of Wisconsin's last six games.
- The total has hit the over in four of Indiana's last six games against Wisconsin.
Wisconsin vs Indiana Prediction & Pick
Even though Wisconsin is the only ranked team in this matchup, I like Indiana's chances of winning. The Hoosiers have the offensive advantage, averaging 79.9 PPG (No. 22) on 50.6% shooting (No. 3), compared to the Badgers' 68.3 PPG clip (No. 232) with a 43.3% field-goal percentage (No. 205).
Indiana also averages significantly more rebounds (37.1) than Wisconsin (31.7) as well as assists (17.2 vs. 12.6). It's also hard trusting Wisconsin due to its minus-3.7 scoring margin over the last three games, whereas Indiana is a whopping plus-23.3 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.
Expect Indiana to break out of its funk this afternoon.
Final Score Prediction: Indiana: 74 | Wisconsin 71
Wisconsin vs Indiana Best Bet
Even though I see Indiana winning this tilt, there's value in backing Wisconsin on the spread. After all, the Hoosiers are 0-7 ATS in their last seven games and have failed to cover the spread in five of their last seven Saturday matchups.
Meanwhile, the Badgers are at least 4-1 ATS in their last five games against Indiana, having also covered in nine of their last 11 trips to Bloomington. Wisconsin is still ranked for a reason, so expect a close, hard-fought contest.
Bet: Wisconsin +4.5 (-104)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.