Warriors vs. Timberwolves Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 26 (Golden State's Home Dominance Continues)
By Larry Rupp
Warriors vs. Timberwolves Game Info
- Date: Sunday, March 26, 2023
- Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Venue: Chase Center -- San Francisco, California
- Coverage: NBA TV, NBCS-BA, and BSN
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Sunday with nine more games, including a battle between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors. The Timberwolves rank seventh in the Western Conference with a 37-37 record, while the Warriors check in sixth with an improving 39-36 record.
Minnesota enters as a loser in five of its last eight games, but did take down Atlanta Hawks by a score of 125-124 on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Golden State has now won five of its last eight games thanks to a 120-112 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday. Which team will win on Sunday night?
Warriors vs. Timberwolves Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: GSW: (-275) | MIN: (+225)
- Spread: GSW: -7 (-110) | MIN: +7 (-110)
- Total: 239 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Warriors enter this contest as considerable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 239 points, which is above average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Warriors vs. Timberwolves Betting Trends
- The Warriors have covered the spread 34 times over 73 games with a set spread.
- This season, the Timberwolves have an ATS record of 5-6 in their 11 games as an underdog of 6.5 points or more.
- Games involving the Warriors have hit the over 41 times out of 72 chances this season.
- Timberwolves games this year have eclipsed the over/under 48.6% of the time (35 out of 72 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Golden State has performed better when playing at home, covering 24 times in 36 home games, and 10 times in 37 road games.
- This season, Minnesota is 17-19-1 at home against the spread (.459 winning percentage). On the road, it is 17-18-0 ATS (.486).
Warriors vs. Timberwolves Prediction & Pick
The Timberwolves have been without leading scorer Anthony Edwards (24.7 points per game) for each of the last three games as he tends to an ankle injury. He is listed as questionable and his status will likely be determined in pregame warmups. With or without Edwards, Minnesota is in for a battle.
Golden State has posted a stellar 30-7 record inside the Chase Center this season as it is averaging 119.6 points per game (No. 7 in NBA) and allowing an opponent shooting percentage of just 45.0% in home games (No. 3 in NBA). A goal of staying out of the play-in tournament will motivate the Warriors.
Golden State has won 13 of its last 16 home games played on a Sunday, so back the Warriors here.
Final Score Prediction: Warriors: 124 | Timberwolves: 114
Warriors vs. Timberwolves Best Bet
There's a major stylistic difference in this game. Minnesota thrives when facing teams that cannot defend the rim, but Golden State ranks 12th in opponent two-point percentage (54.1%). The Warriors excel from long range and the Timberwolves rank 26th in opponent three-point percentage (37.3%).
That edge will help the Warriors cruise to a big win on Sunday. Golden State is a perfect 9-0 against the spread (ATS) in its last nine home games overall and 6-0 ATS in its last six home games against Minnesota. The Timberwolves are only 17-19 ATS across its 36 games away from home this year.
Bet: Golden State Warriors -7 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.