Warriors vs. Pelicans Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 28 (Golden State Halts New Orleans' Streak)
Warriors vs. Pelicans Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Chase Center -- San Francisco, California
- Coverage: TNT and NBCS-BA
The New Orleans Pelicans (38-37) aim for their sixth consecutive victory when they face the Golden State Warriors (39-37) at Chase Center on Tuesday.
The Pelicans were in action less than 24 hours ago, picking up a 124-90 blowout win over the Portland Trail Blazers. Meanwhile, the Warriors look to bounce back after coming up short in a 99-96 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves over the weekend.
Can New Orleans' winning ways continue? Or will Golden State put on a show for the Bay Area crowd?
Warriors vs. Pelicans Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NOP: (+295) | GSW: (-370)
- Spread: NOP: +8.5 (-108) | GSW: -8.5 (-112)
- Total: 234 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Warriors enter this contest as heavy home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 234 points with -110 odds on both sides.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Warriors vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- The Warriors have registered a 34-39-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Pelicans have been underdogs by 8.5 points or more three times this year and have not covered the spread once.
- Warriors games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 41 times out of 73 chances this season.
- The Pelicans have hit the over 46.6% of the time this season (34 of 73 games with a set point total).
- At home, Golden State sports a better record against the spread (24-12-1) compared to its ATS record in away games (10-27-0).
- Against the spread, New Orleans has been better at home (20-16-0) than on the road (15-21-1).
Warriors vs. Pelicans Prediction & Pick
While the Pelicans have momentum on their side, they've been beating up some bad teams lately. Four of their last five victories have come against bottom-5 clubs in the NBA. Now, they must face the well-rested Warriors, who have won 13 of their last 15 games at Chase Center.
Unfortunately for New Orleans, heading to the Bay Area tends to result in a disaster. They've lost three straight away games against Golden State, having not defeated them on the road since February 2020. In fact, dating back to 2012, the Pelicans have lost 21 of their last 23 road matchups against the Warriors.
Considering how they held New Orleans to 99 points in their last meeting at Chase Center earlier this month, I see Golden State emerging victorious once again.
Final Score Prediction: Warriors: 119 | Pelicans: 114
Warriors vs. Pelicans Best Bet
Even though the Warriors should win, an 8.5-point spread is surprising given that the Pelicans have won five straight outings. Furthermore, New Orleans covered the spread in each of those contests, whereas Golden State is an underwhelming 2-5 ATS in its last seven games.
Look for the Pelicans to avoid a blowout by keeping things closer than expected.
Bet: Pelicans +8.5 (-108)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.