Wake Forest vs Syracuse Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 8 ACC Tournament (Syracuse Marches on to Play Miami)
Wake Forest vs Syracuse Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball ACC Tournament Game
- Wake Forest (18-13, 10-10 ACC) vs. Syracuse (17-14, 10-10 ACC)
- Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Venue: Greensboro Coliseum -- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Coverage: ESPN
The Second Round of the ACC Tournament gets underway today at Noon when the No. 8-seeded Syracuse Orange take on the No. 9 seed Wake Forest Demon Deacons. The winner of the matchup earns the right to move on the the quarterfinals and a matchup with tournament No. 1 seed, the Miami Hurricanes.
Wake Forest vs Syracuse Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: WAKE: (-156) | SYR: (+130)
- Spread: WAKE: -3.5 (-102) | SYR: +3.5 (-120)
- Total: 153.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Wake Forest vs Syracuse Betting Trends
- Wake Forest's record against the spread is 16-14-0.
- As 3.5-point favorites or more, the Demon Deacons are 8-7 against the spread.
- Wake Forest has seen 20 of its 30 games hit the over.
- Syracuse is 17-14-0 against the spread this season.
- The Orange's ATS record as 3.5-point underdogs or greater is 5-5.
- Syracuse has played 31 games this season, and 18 of them have hit the over.
|Wake Forest Rank||Wake Forest AVG||Syracuse AVG||Syracuse Rank|
Wake Forest vs Syracuse Prediction & Pick
Syracuse is always a tough out in March, whether it's in the ACC Tournament or the actual NCAA Tournament. The Orange's 2-3 zone presents plenty of problems for teams during tournament time where shooting out of it can become much more difficult. Despite defeating Wake Forest in their last game by nine points, the Orange come into this one as the slight underdog. Syracuse was reeling before that win, losing four in a row prior, but I expect Cuse to come out on top again, pointing to that 2-3 zone that stifled Wake forest last time out.
Prediction: Syracuse 76 | Wake Forest 70
Wake Forest vs Syracuse Best Bet
Syracuse was able to stonewall Wake's offense in the first half of the game last time, holding them to only 29 first-half points. Wake does shoot 36% from three this season, which is a solid number, but the Demon Deacons have been without one of their sharpshooters in Damari Monsanto for a couple of weeks. Monsato shot over 40 percent from three this season and leaves a huge hole in Wake's long-range attack.
Wake Forest only shot 25 percent from three in the last contest against the Orange. Syracuse was even worse though, at a measly 14 percent. I
expect that number to rise a bit from Syracuse but Wake to continue to struggle against Syracuse's 2-3 zone. If Joseph Girard can get Syracuse out on the break and open up kick outs for Syracuse's shooters in transition, we could see a whole new version of the Orange offense this time around. Bank on Syracuse getting out to another first-half lead.
Bet: Syracuse 1st Half Moneyline (+128)
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.