Virginia vs Clemson Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 10 ACC Tournament (Cavaliers Silence Tigers Once Again)
Virginia vs Clemson Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball ACC Tournament Game
- No. 13 Virginia (24-6, 15-5 ACC) vs. Clemson (23-9, 14-6 ACC)
- Date: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Venue: Greensboro Coliseum -- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Coverage: ESPN2
Friday, March 10's NCAA college basketball schedule features an ACC Tournament semifinal clash between the No. 13 Virginia Cavaliers and Clemson Tigers.
Virginia notched its third consecutive victory with a 68-59 effort against North Carolina in yesterday's quarterfinal matchup. Meanwhile, Clemson was also in action Thursday, picking up an 80-54 blowout win over NC State with help from the Tigers' lineup combining for more points (60) than the Wolfpack had in total.
So, which of these ACC foes has what it takes to play in Saturday's championship game?
Virginia vs Clemson Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UVA: (-154 | CLEM: (+128)
- Spread: UVA: -2.5 (-120) | CLEM: +2.5 (-102)
- Total: 126.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Virginia enters this contest as the slim favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 126.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Virginia vs Clemson Betting Trends
- Virginia has 12 wins in 30 games against the spread this year.
- The Cavaliers are 9-15 as 3.5-point favorites or more.
- Virginia has seen 15 of its 30 games go over the point total.
- Clemson has 16 wins in 32 games against the spread this year.
- Against the spread as 3.5-point underdogs or more, the Tigers are 3-3.
- Clemson has seen 20 of its 32 games go over the point total.
|Virginia Rank||Virginia AVG||Clemson AVG||Clemson Rank|
Virginia vs Clemson Prediction & Pick
Clemson is a great program, but it's struggled to get anything going against Virginia in recent years. The Cavaliers have won 13 of their last 14 meetings with the Tigers, boasting a plus-12.6 average scoring margin along the way. UVA also completely shut Clemson down in a 64-57 win in their only meeting of the season back in February.
While Clemson's offense has scored 80-plus points in four of its last five games, the one instance where it didn't happen was in that aforementioned loss to Virginia. I don't expect tonight's outcome to be any different considering that the Cavaliers only allow 60.4 PPG (No. 7) and have held each of their last three opponents to 60 or fewer points.
Clemson can push for offense all it wants, but Virginia's defense is built to weather any storm.
Final Score Prediction: Virginia: 68 | Clemson: 60
Virginia vs Clemson Best Bet
The Tigers enter tonight's contest with a projected point total of 62.5. As great as Clemson's offense looks at times, it tends to fall apart against Virginia. Clemson has finished with fewer than 62.5 points in 15 of its last 18 games against UVA, averaging just 54.4 PPG in those contests.
Considering Virginia has only allowed 62.5-plus points 11 times this season, I see a quiet night in Clemson's near future.
Bet: Clemson — Under 62.5 Points (-118)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.