Villanova vs Georgetown Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 8 Big East Tournament (Wildcats Smother Hoyas)
Villanova vs Georgetown Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Big East Tournament Game
- Villanova (16-15, 10-10 Big East) vs. Georgetown (7-24, 2-18 Big East)
- Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: Madison Square Garden -- New York City, New York
- Coverage: Fox Sports 1
Wednesday, March 8's NCAA college basketball schedule is highlighted by a Big East Tournament matchup between the Villanova Wildcats and Georgetown Hoyas.
Villanova hopes for a bounce-back performance after falling 71-59 to ranked UConn over the weekend. Meanwhile, Georgetown stumbles into tonight's matchup on a three-game losing streak following a 99-59 loss to Creighton.
Can Villanova prove that its latest loss was a one-off obstacle? Or does Georgetown have what it takes to pull off the massive upset?
Villanova vs Georgetown Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NOVA: (-690) | GTOWN: (+490)
- Spread: NOVA: -10.5 (-120) | GTOWN: +10.5 (-102)
- Total: 141.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Villanova enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 141.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Villanova vs Georgetown Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Villanova is 13-18-0 this season.
- The Wildcats don't have a win ATS (0-5) as a 11.5-point favorite or greater this season.
- There have been 15 Villanova's games (out of 31) that went over the total this season.
- Georgetown's record against the spread is 14-17-0.
- As 11.5-point underdogs or more, the Hoyas are 8-3 against the spread.
- Georgetown has seen 18 of its 31 games go over the point total.
|Villanova Rank||Villanova AVG||Georgetown AVG||Georgetown Rank|
Villanova vs Georgetown Prediction & Pick
It's hard to fathom Georgetown winning tonight. The Hoyas' losing streak isn't some sort of anomaly. They've lost 19 of their last 21 games because they're just that bad. They boast a minus-12.4 average scoring margin over that stretch, which includes their last two opponents outscoring them by a combined total of 60 points.
Villanova isn't perfect, but it's beaten tougher teams than Georgetown — like Xavier and Creighton — over the last four games. The Wildcats also have a strong scoring defense( 67.9 PPG, T-No. 100), which is bad news for the Hoyas, who averaged just 65.7 points in their previous three games.
Having won four straight games against Georgetown, I expect Villanova to continue that trend with another respectable performance.
Final Score Prediction: Villanova: 77 | Georgetown: 66
Villanova vs Georgetown Best Bet
When it comes to the best bet, I'm going with the total hitting over 141.5 points. Georgetown has been giving up a lot of points lately while Villanova hasn't had any issues scoring the ball. The two sides also combined for 150 points in their last meeting and have gone over 141.5 in 11 of their last 17 collisions.
With a ticket to the Big East Tournament's next round on the line, expect the two rivals to step it up and score more points than expected.
Bet: Over 141.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.