VCU vs Richmond Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- VCU (14-5, 5-1 A-10) vs. Richmond (11-8, 4-2 A-10)
- Date: Friday, January 20, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Robins Center -- Richmond, Virginia
The VCU Rams are set to go head-to-head with the rival Richmond Spiders in an Atlantic-10 matchup slated for Friday, Jan. 20.
VCU has been as hot as they come lately, improving to 9-1 over the last 10 games with an 83-55 win over UMass on Tuesday. Richmond has also been playing some solid basketball lately, picking up a 64-57 win against Rhode Island three nights ago to win for the eighth time in the last 11 outings.
Can VCU upset its rival at Robins Center? Or will Richmond prevail with another strong performance at home?
VCU vs Richmond Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: VCU: (-102) | RICH: (-118)
- Spread: VCU: +1.5 (-115) | RICH: -1.5 (-105)
- Total: 131.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Richmond enters this contest as the slim favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 131.5 points, which is on the low side of Friday's totals.
VCU vs Richmond Betting Trends
- VCU is 8-11-0 against the spread this year.
- As 1.5-point favorites or more, the Rams are 7-9 against the spread.
- Out of 19 VCU's games so far this year, nine have gone over the total.
- Richmond has covered the spread nine times in 19 games.
- The Spiders' ATS record as 1.5-point underdogs or greater is 4-3.
- Richmond has seen nine of its 19 games hit the over.
|VCU Rank||VCU AVG||Richmond AVG||Richmond Rank|
VCU vs Richmond Prediction & Pick
One thing that VCU and Richmond have is strong defense as both schools own top-50 scoring defenses thus far. Those defensive units have been playing even better lately, highlighted by the Rams allowing an average of 60.3 points in their last three games while the Spiders have surrendered 63.0 PPG over that stretch.
Keeping that in mind, this game will likely come down to which team's offense steps up first. When it comes to that, I do like VCU better. The Chargers have averaged a 78.3 PPG clip over their last four games, scoring more than 80 points twice. Meanwhile, the Spiders have been held to fewer than 70 points in each of their last four games.
Furthermore, VCU is 12-4 straight up in its last 16 games against Richmond, having also won four of its last six trips to Robins Center. With that level of success on their side, the Rams will emerge as the victors tonight.
Final Score Prediction: VCU: 70 | Richmond: 66
VCU vs Richmond Best Bet
As far as the bets bet goes, I like VCU covering the spread as the +1.5 underdog. The Rams are 4-1 ATS in their last five games and have also covered the spread in four of their last six against Richmond. Not only are the Spiders 2-4 ATS in their last six games, but they're also 3-9-1 ATS in their last 12 home games played on Friday.
With VCU also covering the spread in two of its last three games against Richmond, back the Rams to cover with ease.
Bet: VCU +1.5 (-102)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.