Utah State vs Wyoming Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 21 (Aggies' Hot Start Pays Off in MWC Matchup)
Utah State vs Wyoming Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Utah State (21-7, 10-5 MWC) vs. Wyoming (8-18, 3-11 MWC)
- Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Arena-Auditorium -- Laramie, Wyoming
- Coverage: CBS Sports Network
The Utah State Aggies look to extend their winning streak to three games when they visit the MWC rival Wyoming Cowboys in an NCAA college basketball affair on Tuesday, Feb. 21.
Momentum is on Utah State's side following a solid 75-66 victory over Nevada. Meanwhile, Wyoming is coming off a 75-69 loss to Air Force — the Cowboys' fourth loss in their last six outings.
Can Utah State keep its winning ways alive on the road? Or will Wyoming put an end to that?
Utah State vs Wyoming Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UT ST: (-245) | WYO: (+198)
- Spread: UT ST: -6.5 (-102) | WYO: +6.5 (-120)
- Total: 146.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Utah State enters this contest as the clear road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 146.5 points with the under being favored at -115 odds.
Utah State vs Wyoming Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Utah State is 16-11-0 this year.
- As 5.5-point favorites or more, the Aggies are 10-7 against the spread.
- This season, 17 of Utah State's 27 games have hit the over.
- Wyoming's record against the spread is 9-16-0.
- As 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Cowboys are 4-2 against the spread.
- There have been 13 Wyoming games (out of 25) that went over the total this year.
|Utah State Rank||Utah State AVG||Wyoming AVG||Wyoming Rank|
Utah State vs Wyoming Prediction & Pick
There isn't a good reason to believe that Wyoming can pull off an upset tonight. While you can never say never in sports, the Cowboys have been dreadful. They're only 3-13 straight up in their last six contests, only averaging 65.7 points while being outscored by an average margin of 6.2 points.
It's going to be hard for Wyoming to keep pace with a Utah State team that averages 77.9 PPG (No. 29) on 47.5% shooting (No. 24). The Cowboys also only shoot 43.9% from the floor at home (compared to 45.1% on the road).
The Aggies will also be more than ready to take advantage of any misses, proven by their 35.4 rebounds per game (No. 124). For comparison, the Cowboys only average 31.9 RPG (No. 300), which has dropped to an average of 28.7 rebounds over the last three games.
Considering that Utah State is 20-4 as the favorite this season while Wyoming is just 2-12 as the underdog, I expect the Aggies to add to their win total tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Utah State: 78 | Wyoming: 70
Utah State vs Wyoming Best Bet
As far as tonight's best bet goes, I'm looking at Utah State on the first-half spread. Hot starts and the Aggies go hand in hand. They're averaging 37.8 first-half points (T-No. 24) and find themselves leading by an average of 4.0 points at halftime (T-No. 56).
Meanwhile, Wyoming has a tougher time getting things going. The Cowboys average just 32.0 points in the first frame (No. 230) and have found themselves trailing by a minus-4.3 margin at halftime over the last three games.
With Wyoming struggling to be competitive, expect another solid start from Utah State.
Bet: First-Half Spread — Utah State -2.5 (-118)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.