UConn vs Marquette Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 7 (Can the Huskies Avoid a Season Sweep?)
UConn vs Marquette Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 21 UConn (18-6, 7-6 Big East) vs. No. 10 Marquette (19-5, 11-2 Big East)
- Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Venue: XL Center -- Hartford, Connecticut
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Tuesday with an exciting matchup between the No. 10 Marquette Golden Eagles and No. 21 UConn Huskies. Marquette is on a five-game winning streak that includes a 60-52 victory over Butler on Saturday. Tyler Kolek Tallied 13 points & 8 assists.
Meanwhile, UConn earned its third win in its last four games with a 68-62 victory over Georgetown on Saturday. Adama Sanogo and Tristen Newton paced the offense with 15 points each, while Jordan Hawkins logged a pair of blocks on defense. Which Big East team will emerge victorious on Tuesday?
UConn vs Marquette Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UCONN: (-188) | MARQ: (+155)
- Spread: UCONN: -4.5 (-106) | MARQ: +4.5 (-114)
- Total: 147.5 -- Over: (-106) | Under: (-114)
UConn enters this contest as a noticeable home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 6:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 147.5 points, which is above average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
UConn vs Marquette Betting Trends
- UConn has beaten the spread 14 times in 24 games.
- The Huskies' ATS record as 3.5-point favorites or more is 13-9.
- Out of 24 UConn's games so far this season, 15 have hit the over.
- Marquette is 16-8-0 against the spread this year.
- As 3.5-point underdogs or greater, the Golden Eagles are 3-1 against the spread.
- Marquette has played 24 games this season, and 13 of them have gone over the total.
|UConn Rank||UConn AVG||Marquette AVG||Marquette Rank|
UConn vs Marquette Prediction & Pick
Marquette has been an underrated team in the Big East since the campaign tipped off, but it is finally getting some well-earned respect. The Golden Eagles are ranked in the AP Poll's top 10 for the first time since the 2018-19 season as they sit in first place with an 11-2 conference record (19-5 overall).
While beating UConn on its home court is going to be one of its toughest tasks this year, Marquette has the talent and depth to get the job done. The Golden Eagles average a reliable 78.9 points per away game (No. 12 in NCAA) and own the fourth-best shooting percentage in the country (50.0%).
Marquette also owns a 4-3 all-time record at the XL Center, so give me the Golden Eagles in an upset.
Final Score Prediction: UConn: 73 | Marquette: 75
UConn vs Marquette Best Bet
Fading a ranked team in front of a passionate home crowd is never easy, so bettors looking for a bit of leeway can feel comfortable shifting gears to the spread here. Marquette is 9-2 against the spread (ATS) in its last 11 games overall as well as 10-4 ATS in its last 14 road games played on a Tuesday.
UConn enters 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games overall and 2-5 ATS in its last seven games against a Big East foe. The Huskies lost to the Golden Eagles by a score of 82-76 back on Jan. 11, too, as they posted 16 turnovers and allowed a 50.8% opponent shooting percentage. This one should be close.
Bet: Marquette Golden Eagles +4.5 (-114)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.