UCLA vs Washington State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 11 UCLA (11-2, 2-0 Pac-12) vs. Washington State (5-8, 0-2 Pac-12)
- Date: Friday, December 30, 2022
- Time: 11:00 PM ET
- Venue: Beasley Coliseum -- Pullman, Washington
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Friday with a thrilling matchup between the No. 11 UCLA Bruins and Washington State Cougars. UCLA took down UC Davis, 81-54, in its most recent game (Dec. 21) for its eight victory in a row. Jaylen Clark led the way with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Washington State couldn't keep up in an 82-73 loss to Utah State its last time out on Christmas Day. Mouhamed Gueye balled out with 22 points (9-of-15 shooting) and 12 rebounds. However, the rest of the Cougars' starting five combined to make just 10 of 26 shots (38.5%).
UCLA vs Washington State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UCLA: (-400) | WASHST: (+310)
- Spread: UCLA: -8.5 (-110) | WASHST: +8.5 (-110)
- Total: 133.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
UCLA enters this contest as clear road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 11 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 133.5 points, which is about average compared to Friday's projected totals.
UCLA vs Washington State Betting Trends
- UCLA has covered the spread eight times in 13 games.
- As 8.5-point favorites or more, the Bruins are 5-3 against the spread.
- This season, eight of UCLA's 13 games have gone over the point total.
- Washington State has five wins in 13 games against the spread this year.
- The Cougars are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 8.5-point underdog or more this year.
- This season, four of Washington State's 13 games have gone over the point total.
|UCLA Rank||UCLA AVG||Washington State AVG||Washington State Rank|
UCLA vs Washington State Prediction & Pick
These teams enter Friday night with opposite momentums. The Bruins haven't lost since Nov. 20 and are firing on all cylinders, while the Cougars have lost four of their last five games and are still figuring out their identity. UCLA is the favorite here for a reason, even with this game being played in Pullman.
The Bruins rank ninth in offensive efficiency, 11th in shooting percentage (49.9%) and 27th in points per game (80.3). They also check in 18th in defensive efficiency and 16th in opponent turnovers per game (17.6). An ability to shine on both ends of the court is what makes UCLA a truly scary team.
Washington State is just 2-9 straight up in its last 11 games against UCLA, so fade the Cougars.
Final Score Prediction: UCLA: 75 | Washington State: 65
UCLA vs Washington State Best Bet
It's already been mentioned how superb UCLA has been at scoring the basketball this season. Well, it's important to note that Washington State is averaging 78.0 points per home game on a 48.5% shooting mark. Seeing this total listed at 133.5 is a bit surprising given the storied history here.
The total has hit the over in each of the last six contests between UCLA and Washington State. Over 133 points have been scored in nine of the last 10 head-to-head matchups as well. The over has cashed in four of UCLA's last five road games, too, and I see that trend continuing on Friday night.
Bet: Over 133.5 Points (-105)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.