UAB vs North Texas Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for NIT Finals (North Texas Defense Shines)
By Duel Staff
The NIT has reached the Finals, with UAB and North Texas going up against each other for the title.
UAB vs North Texas Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- UAB (29-9, 14-6 C-USA) vs. North Texas (30-7, 16-4 C-USA)
- Date: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Venue: Orleans Arena -- Paradise, Nevada
- Coverage: ESPN2
UAB came out on top of an overtime thriller in the semifinals against Utah Valley. North Texas also grabbed a two-point win in their semifinals game, but in a much lower scoring affair over Wisconsin.
UAB vs North Texas Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UAB: (-122) | NO TEX: (+102)
- Spread: UAB: -1.5 (-108) | NO TEX: +1.5 (-112)
- Total: 126.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
UAB vs North Texas Betting Trends
- Against the spread, UAB is 17-19-0 this season.
- As 1.5-point favorites or more, the Blazers are 15-16 against the spread.
- UAB has played 36 games this year, and 23 of them have gone over the total.
- North Texas is 19-15-0 against the spread this season.
- As a 1.5-point underdog or more, the Mean Green have two wins ATS (2-3).
- North Texas has seen 17 of its 34 games hit the over.
|UAB Rank||UAB AVG||North Texas AVG||North Texas Rank|
UAB vs North Texas Prediction & Pick
UAB is one of the best offensive teams in the country, ranking No. 8 in all of college basketball with 80.5 points per game. That level of offense might be too much for a North Texas team that ranks No. 326 in the nation in that same category. That being said, North Texas has the No. 1 defense in the nation, allowing a measly 56.2 points per game. UAB ranks No. 182 in that same category.
As the old adage goes, defense wins championships. In the last nine-plus minutes of their semifinals game against Wisconsin, North Texas held the Badgers scoreless! That level of defense can't be overlooked, no matter who the opponent is. This should give North Texas the chance to pull off the upset as the slight underdog.
Prediction: North Texas 62 | UAB 59
UAB vs North Texas Best Bet
The North Texas defense has shined throughout this tournament. They haven't allowed more than 59 points in any game during the NIT, and that game went into overtime.
Outside of that matchup with Sam Houston State, North Texas hasn't surrendered more than 54 points during the NIT.
Yes UAB has proven to be one of the nation's best offenses, but the line for their team total is at 64.5. UAB hasn't seen a defense like North Texas yet, and should create a ton of offensive issues for them. I'll take UAB going under their team total against a team that hasn't come close to giving up that many during this tournament.
Bet: UAB Team Total Under 64.5 (-108)
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.