Pedro vs Hunsucker Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 278 — Main Card Light Heavyweight Bout
Tyson Pedro (8-3-0, 3 KO's, 5 Submissions) vs. Harry "The Hurricane" Hunsucker (7-5-0, 3 KO's, 4 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the main card, which begins at 10 p.m. ET.
Venue: Vivint Arena — Salt Lake City, UT
Pedro vs Hunsucker Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 278 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Tyson Pedro: (-900)
- Harry Hunsucker: (+520)
- Draw: (+5000)
Method of Victory:
- Pedro by KO/TKO: (-220)
- Pedro by Points: (+1100)
- Pedro by Submission: (+400)
- Hunsucker by KO/TKO: (+1100)
- Hunsucker by Points: (+1600)
- Hunsucker by Submission: (+2600)
Pedro vs Hunsucker Prediction
UFC 278 Pedro-Hunsucker prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Tyson Pedro (96%)
Method of Victory: KO/TKO (81%)
Tyson Pedro is the clear-cut favorite here following a first-round KO win over Ike Villanueva four months ago. While some bettors might think it's strange to see him as such a heavy favorite after going 1-3 in four fights before his last win, there's a good reason to like him here.
Harry Hunsucker has been knocked out in three of his own last four fights. Each of those losses came during the first round, likely affecting him mentally at UFC 278. Needless to say, it's going to be an uphill battle for "The Hurricane" this weekend.
I expect Hunsucker's unfortunate trend to continue, leading to Pedro winning in Round 1by KO/TKO win at -120 odds as the best bet.
Pedro vs Hunsucker Betting Trends & Stats
- Tyson Pedro defeated Ike Villanueva, by KO, in his last fight on Apr. 23, 2022.
- Harry Hunsucker lost to Justin Tafa, by KO, in his last fight on Dec. 18, 2021.
- Pedro averages 2.89 significant strikes landed per minute with a 64% accuracy rate.
- Hunsucker averages 3.83 significant strikes landed per minute with a 52% accuracy rate.
- Pedro averages 2.36 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 51% defense rate.
- Hunsucker averages 6.70 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 42% defense rate.
- Pedro averages 0.66 takedowns per 15 minutes.
- Hunsucker averages 2.4 submissions per 15 minutes.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.