Trail Blazers vs. Warriors Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 8 (Golden State Leans on Three-Point Shots)
Trail Blazers vs. Warriors Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Moda Center -- Portland, Oregon
- Coverage: ROOT Sports NW and NBCS-BA
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with nine more games, including a battle between the Golden State Warriors and Portland Trail Blazers. The Warriors rank seventh in the Western Conference with a 28-26 record, while the Trail Blazers check in 12th with a 26-28 record.
Golden State enters as a victor in five of its last seven games following a 141-114 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday. Meanwhile, Portland has now dropped back-to-back games thanks to a 127-108 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks on Monday. Which team will win on Wednesday?
Trail Blazers vs. Warriors Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: POR: (-138) | GSW: (+118)
- Spread: POR: -2.5 (-110) | GSW: +2.5 (-110)
- Total: 234.5 -- Over: (-108) | Under: (-112)
The Trail Blazers enter this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 234.5 points, which is about average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Trail Blazers vs. Warriors Betting Trends
- The Trail Blazers have covered the spread 27 times over 53 games with a set spread.
- The Warriors are 7-4 ATS when underdogs by 3.5 points or more this year.
- Trail Blazers games have gone over the total 25 times this season.
- Warriors games this season have gone over the point total 31 times in 53 opportunities (58.5%).
- Portland has done a better job covering the spread when playing at home (13-12-0) than it has in road tilts (14-14-0).
- This season, Golden State is 16-10-1 at home against the spread (.593 winning percentage). On the road, it is 9-17-0 ATS (.346).
Trail Blazers vs. Warriors Prediction & Pick
The leg injury suffered by Stephen Curry is obviously a big blow in terms of Golden State's chances of avoiding the play-in tournament. However, there is more than enough depth on the roster to keep up. That was shown on Monday when Klay Thompson balled out with 42 points (15-of-22 shooting).
The Warriors rank second in points per game (118.4) and are hitting their shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 38.4% (No. 4 in NBA). That is not good news for the Trail Blazers considering they allow an opponent three-point shooting percentage of 38.3% in home games this season (No. 29 in NBA).
Golden State has won five of its last six games against Portland, so give me the Warriors in an upset.
Final Score Prediction: Trail Blazers: 116 | Warriors: 119
Trail Blazers vs. Warriors Best Bet
The Warriors travel to Portland having won eight of their last 11 games against a Western Conference opponent. Not only that, but Golden State is also 7-2 against the spread (ATS) in its last nine games against a Northwest Division foe and 4-2 ATS in its last six head-to-head games against Portland.
The Trail Blazers are only 6-12 ATS in their last 18 games overall and 2-5 ATS in their last seven home games. They have also lost five straight games to a Pacific Division opponent. Trust the trends here and back Golden State as an underdog in a game the Warriors could easily end up winning outright.
Bet: Golden State Warriors +2.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.