Tony Ferguson vs Nate Diaz Odds, Prediction, Fight Info & Betting For UFC 279 on FanDuel Sportsbook
Ferguson vs Diaz Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 279 — Main Event Welterweight Bout
Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson (25-7-0, 12 KO's, 8 Submissions) vs. Nate Diaz (20-13-0, 5 KO's, 11 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the main card, which begins at 10 p.m. ET.
Venue: T-Mobile Arena — Paradise, NV
Ferguson vs Diaz Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 279 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Tony Ferguson: (-122)
- Nate Diaz: (+100)
- Draw: (TBD)
Method of Victory:
- Ferguson by KO/TKO: (+390)
- Ferguson by Points: (+190)
- Ferguson by Submission: (+1600)
- Diaz by KO/TKO: (+500)
- Diaz by Points: (+330)
- Diaz by Submission: (+550)
Ferguson vs Diaz Prediction
UFC 279 Ferguson-Diaz prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Tony Ferguson (62%)
Method of Victory: Decision (69%)
Neither Tony Ferguson nor Nate Diaz has had much success as of late. Ferguson enters UFC 279 riding a four-fight losing streak that saw him get knocked out by Michael Chandler in his last outing. Meanwhile, Nate Diaz has struggled to find success, dropping three of his last four fights.
While neither fighter has performed well, Diaz is the only one of the two that's won recently. I think that this will be a back-and-forth battle between two veterans trying to turn things around, ultimately ending with Diaz going the distance to secure the win over Ferguson.
Give me Diaz by decision at +330.
Ferguson vs Diaz Betting Trends & Stats
- Tony Ferguson lost to Michael Chandler, by KO, in his last fight on May 7, 2022.
- Nate Diaz lost to Leon Edwards, by decision, in his last fight on June 12, 2021.
- Ferguson averages 5.12 significant strikes landed per minute with a 45% accuracy rate.
- Diaz averages 4.51 significant strikes landed per minute with a 45% accuracy rate.
- Ferguson averages 3.81 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 38% defense rate.
- Diaz averages 3.73 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 52% defense rate.
- Chimaev averages 0.41 takedowns per 15 minutes.
- Diaz has a 41% takedown defense rate.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.