Toledo vs Ohio Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 10 MAC Tournament (Can Rockets Earn 17th Straight Win?)
Toledo vs Ohio Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball MAC Tournament Game
- Toledo (26-6, 16-2 MAC) vs. Ohio (19-13, 10-8 MAC)
- Date: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Time: 5:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse -- Cleveland, Ohio
- Coverage: CBS Sports Network
The MAC Tournament continues on Friday with a thrilling matchup between the Ohio Bobcats and Toledo Rockets. Ohio is seeking its eighth conference title, while Toledo is aiming to win its second. The winner of this semifinal matchup will take on the victor in the Akron vs Kent State showdown.
Ohio enters as a victor in eight of its last 10 games following a 90-70 win over Ball State in the quarterfinals. Meanwhile, Toledo is in the midst of a 16-game winning streak that includes a 91-75 victory over Miami (OH) on Thursday. Which squad will keep its conference title hopes alive on Friday?
Toledo vs Ohio Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TOLEDO: (-220) | OHIO: (+180)
- Spread: TOLEDO: -5.5 (-110) | OHIO: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 162.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Toledo enters this contest as a clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 5 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 162.5 points, which is above average compared to Friday's projected totals.
Toledo vs Ohio Betting Trends
- Toledo has 20 wins in 31 games against the spread this season.
- The Rockets are 15-8 as 4.5-point favorites or more.
- This season, 22 of Toledo's 31 games have gone over the point total.
- Ohio has 18 wins in 31 games against the spread this season.
- As 4.5-point underdogs or more, the Bobcats are 3-5 against the spread.
- This year, 19 of Ohio's 31 games have hit the over.
|Toledo Rank||Toledo AVG||Ohio AVG||Ohio Rank|
Toledo vs Ohio Prediction & Pick
It's worth noting right off the bat that home-court advantage played a huge role in Ohio's success during the regular season. The Bobcats posted a 14-1 record at home and a 4-11 record on the road. Toledo has been a much more balanced team, posting a 13-1 home record and a 10-3 away record.
Toledo has a great opportunity to improve its winning streak to an impressive 17 games on Friday. The Rockets average 85.4 points per game (No. 2 in NCAA) on a shooting percentage of 49.6% (No. 5 in NCAA) and now face an Ohio team that allows 73.8 points per game on the year (No. 258 in NCAA).
Ohio has lost eight of its last nine games against Toledo, so fade the Bobcats in the semifinals.
Final Score Prediction: Toledo: 83 | Ohio: 74
Toledo vs Ohio Best Bet
Ohio has played well as of late, but keep in mind the Bobcats lost to this Rockets team by a final score of 90-75 during the regular season. The Rockets were up by 21 points at halftime in that showdown and shot 55.6% from the floor. Toledo was able to cover the spread as a 9-point favorite with ease.
I see a similar result coming on Friday night. Toledo is 5-0 against the spread (ATS) in its last five games overall and 6-1 ATS in its last seven games as a favorite. The Rockets are 6-1 ATS in their last seven games against the Bobcats as well. Trust the trends and back the No. 1 seed in the MAC.
Bet: Toledo Rockets -5.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.