Timberwolves vs. Warriors Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 1 (Can Minnesota Pull Off an Upset Victory?)
Timberwolves vs. Warriors Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Coverage: NBCS-BA and BSN
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with nine more games, including a battle between the Golden State Warriors and Minnesota Timberwolves. The Warriors rank fifth in the Western Conference with a 26-24 record, while the Timberwolves check in eighth with a 27-26 record.
Golden State enters as a victor in four of its last five games following a 128-120 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday. Meanwhile, Minnesota saw its three-game winning streak snapped with a 118-11 (OT) loss to the Sacramento Kings on Monday. Which team will win tonight?
Timberwolves vs. Warriors Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIN: (+140) | GSW: (-166)
- Spread: MIN: +3.5 (-110) | GSW: -3.5 (-110)
- Total: 238 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Warriors enter this contest as small road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 238 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Timberwolves vs. Warriors Betting Trends
- The Warriors have covered the spread in a game 24 times this season (24-24-1).
- So far this year, the Timberwolves have been installed as underdogs by a 3-point margin or more 16 times and are 8-8 ATS in those games.
- Warriors games have gone over the total 28 times out of 52 chances this season.
- Timberwolves games this year have gone over the point total 44.2% of the time (23 out of 52 games with a set point total).
- Golden State has a better record against the spread at home (15-9-1) than it does in away games (9-15-0).
- Minnesota has performed better against the spread at home (14-14-1) than away (10-13-0) this year.
Timberwolves vs. Warriors Prediction & Pick
Golden State has been playing much better basketball as of late due to the fact that the roster is near full health for the first time in months. However, keep in mind this is still a team that owns a dismal 7-18 road record and has posted an average scoring margin of -6.3 away from home (No. 25 in NBA).
The Warriors' tendency to play down to their opponent when on the road gives Minnesota an edge in this game. Golden State commits 17.6 turnovers per away game (No. 30 in NBA), while Minnesota forces 16.4 turnovers per home game (No. 4 in NBA). That will make a major difference in this contest.
Minnesota has won nine of its last 11 games at the Target Center, so back the Timberwolves here.
Final Score Prediction: Timberwolves: 119 | Warriors: 116
Timberwolves vs. Warriors Best Bet
When a matchup is too close to call, it's always smart to grab the points with the underdog. The Timberwolves are 6-2 against the spread (ATS) in their last eight games overall and 4-1 ATS in their last five games on a Wednesday. Anthony Edwards has been taking over a leadership role with ease.
Neither side has captured two straight wins in this series since January of 2021, which is notable as Golden State took down Minnesota in late November of this season. The Timberwolves are going to be fighting to prove they are a team capable of making the NBA Playoffs for the second straight year.
Bet: Minnesota Timberwolves +3.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.