Thunder vs. Suns Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for April 2 (Phoenix Stretches Winning Streak to Five Games)
By Larry Rupp
Thunder vs. Suns Game Info
- Date: Sunday, April 2, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Paycom Center -- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Coverage: BSOK and BSAZ
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Sunday with 13 more games, including a battle between the Phoenix Suns and Oklahoma City Thunder. The Suns rank fourth in the Western Conference with a 42-35 record, while the Thunder check in 10th with a 38-40 record. This should be a great contest.
Phoenix enters on a four-game winning streak that includes a 100-93 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Friday. Meanwhile, Oklahoma City has now dropped four of its last six games thanks to a 121-117 loss to the Indiana Pacers on Friday. Which playoff hopeful will win on Sunday evening?
Thunder vs. Suns Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OKC: (+184) | PHO: (-220)
- Spread: OKC: +5.5 (-110) | PHO: -5.5 (-110)
- Total: 236.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Suns enter this contest as moderate road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 236.5 points, which is above average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Thunder vs. Suns Betting Trends
- The Suns have covered the spread 37 times in 75 games with a set spread.
- The Thunder have been underdogs by 5 points or more 27 times this season and are 18-8-1 ATS in those games.
- Suns games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 36 times out of 76 chances this season.
- Thunder games this year have gone over the point total 41 times in 76 opportunities (53.9%).
- Phoenix has done a better job covering the spread in away games (19-18-1) than it has in home games (18-18-1).
- Against the spread, Oklahoma City has performed better at home (23-15-0) than on the road (20-16-2).
Thunder vs. Suns Prediction & Pick
Kevin Durant was back to his old ways in his second game since returning from a nasty ankle injury as he torched the Nuggets for 30 points on an efficient 11-of-15 shooting mark.
The Thunder are battling to secure a spot in the NBA Playoffs and currently sit 1.0 game up on the Dallas Mavericks for the final spot in the play-in tournament. The bad news is that Oklahoma City has lost seven of its last nine games against Phoenix, including two of the three matchups this season.
Phoenix has won five of its last six games against a Northwest Division foe, so back the Suns here.
Final Score Prediction: Thunder: 113 | Suns: 123
Thunder vs. Suns Best Bet
The end of the regular season tends to be when the Suns really turn it on as they are 6-3 against the spread (ATS) in their last nine games in April. The Thunder are only 2-5 ATS in their last seven games in April and head into Sunday 0-6 ATS in their last six games overall. It's been a struggle to keep up.
Keep in mind Oklahoma City is not the only one with something to fight for. Phoenix checks in fourth in the Western Confernece right now, but is only 1.5 games up on the Golden State Warriors. Staying in that spot would give the Suns home-court advantage in the first round. They'll pull away in this one.
Bet: Phoenix Suns -5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.