Texas vs Texas Tech Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 13 (Longhorns Offense Can't Be Stopped in Big 12 Tilt)
Texas vs Texas Tech Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 5 Texas (20-5, 9-3 Big 12) vs. Texas Tech (13-12, 2-10 Big 12)
- Date: Monday, February 13, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: United Supermarkets Arena -- Lubbock, Texas
- Coverage: ESPN
The No. 5 Texas Longhorns aim to remain hot when they visit the Big 12 rival Texas Tech Red Raiders for some NCAA college basketball action on Monday, Feb. 13.
Texas improved to 3-1 over its last four games with Saturday's 94-60 victory over West Virginia. After losing back-to-back outings, Texas Tech was also victorious in its last game, picking up a solid 71-63 victory over ranked Kansas State.
Can Texas keep the wins coming with another strong effort? Or will Texas Tech figure out a way to pull off the massive upset?
Texas vs Texas Tech Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TEXAS: (-170) | TXTECH: (+140)
- Spread: TEXAS: -3.5 (-110) | TXTECH: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 145.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Texas enters this contest as the slight road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 145.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Texas vs Texas Tech Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Texas is 11-14-0 this season.
- The Longhorns are 8-11 as 3.5-point favorites or more.
- Out of 25 Texas' games so far this year, 14 have gone over the total.
- Texas Tech's record against the spread is 11-14-0.
- The Red Raiders have an ATS record of 3-3 as 3.5-point underdogs or more.
- This year, 15 of Texas Tech's 25 games have hit the over.
|Texas Rank||Texas AVG||Texas Tech AVG||Texas Tech Rank|
Texas vs Texas Tech Prediction & Pick
While both defenses allow similar point totals, Texas has the offensive advantage tonight. Rodney Terry's team averages 80.0 PPG (No. 18) compared to Texas Tech's 73.8 PPG (T-No. 97), which has dropped to a 67.0-point average over the last three games.
The Longhorns are more careful with the ball, sinking 47.9% of their field goals (No. 20) while only averaging 12.0 turnovers per game (T-No. 108). While the Red Raiders have a 46.1% field-goal percentage (No. 67), that number drops to 43.5% on the road. They're also averaging 15.7 turnovers over their last three games — tied for 20th-most in the nation over that span.
Texas already defeated Texas Tech earlier this season, proving that the former can handle its Big 12 rival. With recent momentum also being on the Longhorns' side, I like their chances of a road win tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Texas: 78 | Texas Tech: 70
Texas vs Texas Tech Best Bet
When it comes to the best bet, I have my eyes on the total going over 145.5 points. First of all, Texas and Texas Tech have two of the better offenses this season, combining for 153.8 PPG. Secondly, the over is also 12-5 in the Longhorns' last 17 games, as well as 4-1 in the Red Raiders' last five.
Considering how the Big 12 rivals were only four points away from surpassing 145.5 points in their meeting last month, it shouldn't be too difficult to reach that mark tonight.
Bet: Over 145.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.