Texas vs Oklahoma State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 9 Big 12 Tournament (Longhorns Shine in Kansas City)
Texas vs Oklahoma State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Big 12 Tournament Game
- No. 7 Texas (23-8, 12-6 Big 12) vs. Oklahoma State (18-14, 8-10 Big 12)
- Date: Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: T-Mobile Center -- Kansas City, Missouri
- Coverage: ESPN Networks
The Big 12 Tournament continues on Thursday with a great matchup between the Oklahoma State Cowboys and Texas Longhorns. This is a rematch from the Big 12 Tournament Championship game in 2021. The winner of this quarterfinal matchup will face the victor of the TCU vs Kansas State game.
Oklahoma State has bounced back from a five-game losing streak with back-to-back wins, including a 57-49 victory over Oklahoma in the first round. Meanwhile, Texas has prevailed in three of its last five games following a 75-59 win over Kansas on Saturday. Which Big 12 team will advance tonight?
Texas vs Oklahoma State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TEXAS: (-275) | OKLAST: (+220)
- Spread: TEXAS: -6.5 (-110) | OKLAST: +6.5 (-110)
- Total: 141.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Texas enters this contest as a considerable favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 141.5 points, which is above average compared to Thursday's projected totals.
Texas vs Oklahoma State Betting Trends
- Texas has beaten the spread 14 times in 31 games.
- The Longhorns' ATS record as 5.5-point favorites or more is 7-10.
- This year, 16 of Texas' 31 games have gone over the point total.
- Oklahoma State has 16 wins in 32 games against the spread this season.
- The Cowboys have won twice ATS (2-5) as a 5.5-point underdog or more this year.
- Out of Oklahoma State's 32 games so far this season, 17 have gone over the total.
|Texas Rank||Texas AVG||Oklahoma State AVG||Oklahoma State Rank|
Texas vs Oklahoma State Prediction & Pick
Texas had no trouble dismantling Oklahoma State during the regular season, earning a 56-46 road win on Jan. 7 as well as a 89-75 home win on Jan. 24. The Longhorns outscored the Cowboys in the second half of both of those contests and that experience will be helpful is Texas comes out rusty.
These teams cancel one another out on the defensive side as Texas and Oklahoma State each rank among the top 40 in defensive efficiency. It makes looking at the offensive end crucial. The Cowboys only average 69.1 points per game (No. 220 in NCAA), while the Longhorns average 78.8 (No. 22).
Texas has won four of its last five games against Oklahoma State, so trust the Longhorns here.
Final Score Prediction: Texas: 77 | Oklahoma State: 66
Texas vs Oklahoma State Best Bet
There's no overstating how large the talent gap is between the two offenses in this game. Texas ranks 39th in offensive efficiency and shoots a reliable 47.1% from the floor (No. 33 in NCAA). Oklahoma State shoots just 43.6% from the floor (No. 217 in NCAA) and ranks 255th in offensive efficiency.
Texas has proven that they can score the ball with ease and is not going to let its foot off the gas with the NCAA Tournament selection committee watching. The Longhorns are averaging 75.4 points over their last five games, while the Cowboys are allowing an average of 76.7 over their last seven games.
Bet: Texas Longhorns Over 74.5 Points (-104)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.