Texas vs Kansas Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 4 (Expect Non-Stop Scoring in Big 12 Showdown)
Texas vs Kansas Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 9 Texas (22-8, 11-6 Big 12) vs. No. 3 Kansas (25-5, 13-4 Big 12)
- Date: Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Venue: Moody Center -- Austin, Texas
- Coverage: ESPN
Saturday, March 4's NCAA college basketball slate features some Big 12 action, including a head-to-head meeting between the No. 9 Texas Longhorns and No. 3 Kansas Jayhawks.
Texas looks to head into the Big 12 Tournament on a high note after falling 75-73 to ranked TCU on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Kansas has been chugging allong, notching its seventh consecutive win with a 67-63 effort against Texas Tech earlier this week.
Will Texas send the crowd home happy? Or will Kansas find yet another method to continue its winning ways?
Texas vs Kansas Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TEXAS: (-164) | KANSAS: (+136)
- Spread: TEXAS: -3.5 (-110) | KANSAS: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 148.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Texas enters this contest as the home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 4 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 148.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Texas vs Kansas Betting Trends
- Texas is 13-17-0 against the spread this season.
- Against the spread as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Longhorns are 10-13.
- This season, 16 of Texas' 30 games have hit the over.
- Kansas is 14-16-0 against the spread this year.
- As a 2.5-point underdog or more, the Jayhawks have two wins ATS (2-1).
- Kansas has played 30 games this year, and 15 of them have hit the over.
|Texas Rank||Texas AVG||Kansas AVG||Kansas Rank|
Texas vs Kansas Prediction & Pick
Texas might be coming off back-to-back losses, but those defeats came on the road. The Longhorns have won seven straight games at Moody Center, improving their record to 16-1 at home. They have a great balance of offense and defense at home, averaging 85.4 points while allowing just 67.9 for a plus-17.5 scoring margin (No. 12).
Though Kansas is winning games, its offense has dropped to a 68.7 PPG clip over the last three outings. If that trend continues, it's going to be tough keeping up with Texas' thunderous offense. On top of that, the Jayhawks already have the Big 12's No. 1 seed locked up, so it's not like they're motivated to win today.
Needing a win to move up the conference standings, I see Texas being motivated enough to beat one of the country's best teams.
Final Score Prediction: Texas: 81 | Kansas: 77
Texas vs Kansas Best Bet
Viewers should expect a fair amount of offense this afternoon. After all, it was only last month that Texas and Kansas combined for 168 points. The showing wasn't unusual for the Big 12 rivals as the over is 4-1 in their last five meetings, averaging 149.2 points over that span.
Kansas might not have much to play for, but it won't want to be embarrassed by Texas. The Longhorns and Jayhawks will still try to outdo the other, resulting in the total going over 148.5 points in the process.
Bet: Over 148.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.