Texas Southern vs Alabama A&M Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 10 SWAC Tournament (Can Bulldogs Upset Tigers?)
Texas Southern vs Alabama A&M Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball SWAC Tournament Game
- Texas Southern (12-20, 7-11 SWAC) vs. Alabama A&M (15-17, 10-8 SWAC)
- Date: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Time: 3:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Bartow Arena -- Birmingham, Alabama
- Coverage: ESPN+
Friday, March 10's NCAA college basketball slate includes a SWAC Tournament semifinal matchup between the Texas Southern Tigers and Alabama A&M Bulldogs.
Texas Southern snapped a three-game losing streak with a 66-62 win over Alcorn State in the quarterfinals. Meanwhile, Alabama A&M hardly broke a sweat in its 77-63 victory over Southern, highlighted by a massive 27-point showing from Messiah Thompson.
Can Texas Southern prove that its latest win wasn't a fluke? Or will Alabama A&M push its winning ways to three straight games?
Texas Southern vs Alabama A&M Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TX SOU: (-142) | AL A&M: (+118)
- Spread: TX SOU: -2.5 (-110) | AL A&M: +2.5 (-110)
- Total: 137.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Texas Southern enters this contest as the slim favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 3 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 137.5 points with the over being favored at -115 odds.
Texas Southern vs Alabama A&M Betting Trends
- Texas Southern has nine wins in 30 games against the spread this year.
- The Tigers are 3-12 as 1.5-point favorites or more.
- This year, 13 of Texas Southern's 30 games have hit the over.
- Alabama A&M has 14 wins in 28 games against the spread this year.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point underdogs or greater, the Bulldogs are 10-9.
- Alabama A&M has played 28 games this season, and 13 of them have gone over the total.
|Texas Southern Rank||Texas Southern AVG||Alabama A&M AVG||Alabama A&M Rank|
Texas Southern vs Alabama A&M Prediction & Pick
Although Texas Southern won its last outing, it hardly looked perfect. The Tigers only shot 16.7% from the three-point line while turning the ball over 16 times. And despite leading by as many as 16 points, they only ended up defeating Alcorn State by four points.
Before that victory, Texas Southern lost three straight games while surrendering 79.3 PPG. Now, it has to go up against an Alabama A&M squad that scored 77 points against Southern on .468/.368/.743 shooting splits. If the Bulldogs start hitting their shots early on, I can't see the Tigers keeping pace with that offense.
Though Texas Southern has won the last 10 games in this rivalry, Alabama A&M has been playing like the better team lately and should prevail here.
Final Score Prediction: Alabama A&M: 74 | Texas Southern: 72
Texas Southern vs Alabama A&M Best Bet
As I predict an Alabama A&M victory, I recommend backing the Bulldogs to cover the spread. Alabama A&M has been consistent in that regard lately, going 5-2 ATS in its last seven games and covering in back-to-back outings. Meanwhile, Texas Southern is 1-4 ATS in its last five games and 5-14 ATS in its last 19 SWAC contests.
Again, it'll be a close-fought game, but Alabama A&M is in a better position to win.
Bet: Alabama A&M +2.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.