Texas A&M vs Tennessee Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 21 (Aggies Remain Perfect at Home in SEC Play)
Texas A&M vs Tennessee Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 25 Texas A&M (20-7, 12-2 SEC) vs. No. 11 Tennessee (20-7, 9-5 SEC)
- Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Reed Arena -- College Station, Texas
- Coverage: ESPN
Two of the SEC's top college basketball teams are set to collide on Tuesday, Feb. 21 when the No. 25 Texas A&M Aggies go one-on-one with the No. 11 Tennessee Volunteers.
Texas A&M is red-hot, entering tonight's contest on a five-game winning streak with the last victory being a 69-60 effort against Missouri. On the other hand, wins have been tough to come by if you're a Tennessee fan. The Volunteers have dropped three of their last four contests, most recently falling 66-54 to Kentucky over the weekend.
Can Texas A&M keep the momentum coming at home? Or will Tennessee finally break out of its funk?
Texas A&M vs Tennessee Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TX A&M: (-125) | TENN: (+104)
- Spread: TX A&M: -1.5 (-110) | TENN: +1.5 (-110)
- Total: 129.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Texas A&M enters this contest as the slim home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 129.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Texas A&M vs Tennessee Betting Trends
- Texas A&M has 18 wins in 27 games against the spread this year.
- As 1.5-point favorites or more, the Aggies are 14-7 against the spread.
- There have been 13 Texas A&M's games (out of 27) that hit the over this year.
- Tennessee is 14-13-0 against the spread this year.
- The Volunteers are winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs this season.
- Tennessee has played 27 games this season, and 10 of them have gone over the total.
|Texas A&M Rank||Texas A&M AVG||Tennessee AVG||Tennessee Rank|
Texas A&M vs Tennessee Prediction & Pick
Texas A&M's defense has been solid throughout the 2022-23 campaign, but it's turned things up a notch lately. The Aggies have only allowed an average of 62.6 points over their last five games, holding opponents to 62 or fewer points in four of those games. That solid defense led to them boasting a plus-11.4 scoring margin.
Though Tennessee has the nation's second-best scoring defense (56.7 PPG), the team is allowing an average of 70.3 points over their last three games. Opponents are shooting 44.7% from the field and 44.8% from three-point range against the Volunteers over that span. Now, they have to face the Aggies, who shoot 46.1% from the floor at home.
When it comes to SEC competition, Tennessee is just 4-3 on the road, whereas Texas A&M is 7-0 at Reed Arena. Taking that into consideration, it's easy to see why this is the Aggies' game to lose.
Final Score Prediction: Texas A&M: 73 | Tennessee: 67
Texas A&M vs Tennessee Best Bet
Backing Texas A&M on the spread is easily the best bet for this game. The Aggies have covered the spread in each of their last five games and are 10-4 ATS at home thus far. On top of that, they're 7-0 ATS in their last seven February contests.
Meanwhile, Tennessee is just 1-5 ATS in its last six outings. Considering that the Volunteers are also just 3-5 ATS on the road this season, I'm confident that Texas A&M will cover as the 1.5-point favorite.
Bet: Texas A&M -1.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.