Tennessee vs Mississippi State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 7 Tennessee (11-2, 1-0 SEC) vs. No. 21 Mississippi State (11-2, 0-1 SEC)
- Date: Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Thompson-Boling Arena -- Knoxville, Tennessee
The SEC is in for an enticing slate of action on Tuesday, perhaps none bigger than the No. 7 Tennessee Volunteers taking on the No. 21 Mississippi State Bulldogs on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. ET.
Tennessee lost just their second contest of the year earlier this month to the top-5 Arizona Wildcats. On the other hand, the Bulldogs have dropped two straight including a shocking home loss to Drake before opening up SEC play with a loss to Alabama.
Tennessee vs Mississippi State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TENN: (-670) | MISSST: (+470)a
- Spread: TENN: -10.5 (-115) | MISSST: +10.5 (-105)
- Total: 121.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Tennessee is considered a clear favorite in this matchup. They hold -670 odds on the moneyline and are favored by a staunch 10.5 points. The over/under sits at a fairly low mark of 121.5 points.
Tennessee vs Mississippi State Betting Trends
- Tennessee is 7-6-0 against the spread this year.
- The Volunteers' ATS record as 10.5-point favorites or more is 5-2.
- This season, four of Tennessee's 13 games have hit the over.
- Mississippi State's record against the spread is 5-8-0.
- Out of Mississippi State's 13 games so far this season, three have hit the over.
|Tennessee Rank||Tennessee AVG||Mississippi State AVG||Mississippi State Rank|
Tennessee vs Mississippi State Prediction & Pick
It's hard to like Mississippi State in this matchup. While they excel defensively and hold opponents to just 54.5 points per game, they face one of the best defensive squads in college basketball. Tennessee is holding opponents to 53.2 points per game and dominates the boards (41.5 per game), turnovers (10.7 steals per game) and lead the country in defensive effiency.
Don't expect fireworks in this matchup. Especially considering Mississippi State has only one player with at least double digits in scoring (Tolu Smith at 14.8 points per game).
Final Score Prediction: Mississippi State 55 | Tennessee 63
Tennessee vs Mississippi State Best Bet
Both of these squads love playing defense and the over rarely hits when they are on the court. Tennessee's games have hit the over just once in their last five matchups, and the Bulldogs have also hit the over once in their last five. They may be playing on the road, but they hit the over in just two of their last 10 games at home, showing the fierce defense.
Expect a slow, defensive battle to 60 points to earn a win in this clash.
Bet: Under 121.5 (-115)
Adam Taylor McKillop is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Adam Taylor also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username atmckillop. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.