Tennessee vs Florida Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 1 (Don't Expect an Upset in Gainesville)
Tennessee vs Florida Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 2 Tennessee (18-3, 7-1 SEC) vs. Florida (12-9, 5-3 SEC)
- Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Exactech Arena at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center -- Gainesville, Florida
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Wednesday with an exciting matchup between the No. 2 Tennessee Volunteers and Florida Gators. Tennessee extended its winning streak to four games with an 82-71 win over Texas on Saturday. Olivier Nkamhoua tallied 27 points and 8 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Florida fell short in a 64-50 loss to Kansas State on Saturday. Colin Castleton logged 13 points and 8 rebounds. The loss continued an up-and-down season for the Gators as they remain on the bubble with the NCAA Tournament nearing closer. Which SEC foe will emerge victorious tonight?
Tennessee vs Florida Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TENN: (-230) | FLA: (+188)
- Spread: TENN: -5.5 (-110) | FLA: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 132.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Tennessee enters this contest as notable road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 132.5 points, which is about average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Tennessee vs Florida Betting Trends
- Tennessee is 13-8-0 against the spread this season.
- The Volunteers are 12-7 as 5.5-point favorites or more.
- Out of 21 Tennessee's games so far this season, nine have gone over the total.
- Florida's record against the spread is 11-10-0.
- The Gators have covered every time (1-0) as a 5.5-point underdog or more this season.
- There have been seven Florida games (out of 21) that hit the over this season.
|Tennessee Rank||Tennessee AVG||Florida AVG||Florida Rank|
Tennessee vs Florida Prediction & Pick
Tennessee has climbed all the way up to No. 2 in the AP Poll despite not rostering a single player that averages more than 12.2 points per game. The Volunteers have shown what it is like to play as a team considering they rank sixth in assists per game (17.6) and second in average scoring margin (+19.9).
Defense still reigns supreme in Knoxville, though. Tennessee leads the country when it comes to defensive efficiency and allows only 54.5 points per game (No. 1 in NCAA). The Gators will have the home fans cheering, but they still shoot only 43.5% from the floor this season (No. 216 in NCAA).
Tennessee has won seven of its last eight games against Florida, so back the Volunteers on the road.
Final Score Prediction: Tennessee: 71 | Florida: 61
Tennessee vs Florida Best Bet
This has been a one-sided conference rivalry as of late. Not only is Tennessee 7-1 straight up in its last eight games against Florida, but it is also 6-2 against the spread (ATS) during that span. Keep in mind the Volunteers have dropped just one of their last 15 games against SEC opponents as well.
While Florida enters Wednesday 5-0 ATS in its last five conference games, none of those games were played against a team currently ranked in the AP Top 25. The Volunteers have taken the Gators down by an average of 10.0 points in the last three matchups, so backing a 5.5-point spread seems safe.
Bet: Tennessee Volunteers -5.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.