Tennessee vs Auburn Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 4 (Can Volunteers Sweep Season Series?)
Tennessee vs Auburn Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 12 Tennessee (22-8, 11-6 SEC) vs. Auburn (19-11, 9-8 SEC)
- Date: Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Neville Arena -- Auburn, Alabama
- Coverage: ESPN
Saturday, March 4's NCAA college basketball lineup features the No. 12 Tennessee Volunteers going one-on-one with the SEC rival Auburn Tigers at 2 p.m. ET.
Tennessee heads back on the road following an impressive 75-57 win against Arkansas. On the other side, Auburn has had trouble finding much success. The Tigers fell 90-85 in overtime to No. 2 Alabama in their latest outing, marking their eighth loss over the last 11 games.
Can Tennessee end the regular season on a high note? Or will Auburn stand tall at home?
Tennessee vs Auburn Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TENN: (+112) | AUBURN: (-134)
- Spread: TENN: +1.5 (-102) | AUBURN: -1.5 (-120)
- Total: 128.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Auburn enters this contest as the slim home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 2 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 128.5 points with the over being favored at -115 odds.
Tennessee vs Auburn Betting Trends
- Tennessee has beaten the spread 16 times in 30 games.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Volunteers are 16-12.
- Tennessee has seen 12 of its 30 games go over the point total.
- Auburn's record against the spread is 14-16-0.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 3-3 as 1.5-point underdogs or more.
- Auburn has played 30 games this season, and 17 of them have hit the over.
|Tennessee Rank||Tennessee AVG||Auburn AVG||Auburn Rank|
Tennessee vs Auburn Prediction & Pick
Even though Auburn has the home-court advantage, Bruce Pearl's team is stuck in a rut that can't be ignored. On top of a poor record over the last few weeks, opponents have been outscoring the Tigers by an average of 8.8 points over the last four games. They also blew a 17-point lead against Alabama, likely leaving them in a shaky state.
Auburn also came up short against Tennessee back in February, mustering up just 43 points against its SEC rival's world-class defense. The Volunteers have a great opportunity to duplicate that success. They surrender just 60.7 PPG on the road (T-No. 3), where they hold the opposition to 38.8% shooting from the floor (No. 4) and a 26.2% success rate from the three-point line (No. 1).
Auburn is going to push at times, but Tennessee's defense will keep itself afloat long enough to snag the win.
Final Score Prediction: Tennessee: 75 | Auburn: 69
Tennessee vs Auburn Best Bet
While the two SEC foes combined for just 89 points last month, that was just an anomaly in this rivalry. Tennessee and Auburn have hit the over in eight of their last 10 meetings, surpassing tonight's projected total (128.5) in nine of those occasions.
Furthermore, the Volunteers and Tigers have experienced the over in each of their last five meetings at Neville Arena. With both sides looking to end the regular season on a high note, I'll take the points this time.
Bet: Over 128.5 Points (-115)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.