Tennessee vs Arkansas Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 28 (Can Arkansas Pull Off an Upset in Knoxville?)
Tennessee vs Arkansas Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 11 Tennessee (21-8, 10-6 SEC) vs. Arkansas (19-10, 8-8 SEC)
- Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Thompson-Boling Arena -- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Coverage: ESPN2
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Tuesday with an exciting matchup between the Arkansas Razorbacks and No. 11 Tennessee Volunteers. Arkansas is coming off a close 86-83 loss to Alabama on Saturday. Nick Smith Jr., Davonte Davis and Ricky Council IV each scored at least 20 points.
Meanwhile, Tennessee snapped its two-game losing streak with a comfortable 85-45 win over South Carolina on Saturday. Josiah Jordan-James logged a team-high 18 points off the bench, while Zakai Zeigler posted a double-double (13 points & 11 assists). Which SEC squad will win on Tuesday night?
Tennessee vs Arkansas Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TENN: (-295) | ARK: (+235)
- Spread: TENN: -6.5 (-114) | ARK: +6.5 (-106)
- Total: 134.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Tennessee enters this contest as a clear home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 134.5 points, which is about average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Tennessee vs Arkansas Betting Trends
- Tennessee has 15 wins in 29 games against the spread this year.
- As 7.5-point favorites or more, the Volunteers are 10-9 against the spread.
- There have been 12 Tennessee's games (out of 29) that went over the total this year.
- Arkansas has 15 wins in 29 games against the spread this season.
- The Razorbacks are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 7.5-point underdog or more this season.
- There have been 12 Arkansas games (out of 29) that went over the total this year.
|Tennessee Rank||Tennessee AVG||Arkansas AVG||Arkansas Rank|
Tennessee vs Arkansas Prediction & Pick
Arkansas was up by nine points at the half against Alabama before letting the lead slip away in the second half. That's been the story for the Razorbacks all season long. They have come close to being a top team in the SEC time and time again, but have allowed 40.2 second-half points per away game.
Tennessee has faltered in the month of February, but it is still a team that owns a13-2 home record as well as the best defensive efficiency mark in the nation. The Volunteers give up an opposing shooting percentage of just 35.9% (No. 2 in NCAA) and should be able to hold off the Razorbacks in the end.
Tennessee has won five of its last seven games against Arkansas, so give me the Volunteers here.
Final Score Prediction: Tennessee: 68 | Arkansas: 64
Tennessee vs Arkansas Best Bet
Home-court advantage should help Tennessee emerge victorious in this one, but Arkansas has enough talent to keep up. The Razorbacks rank 16th in defensive efficiency and are holding their opponents to 66.2 points per game on the year (T-No. 64 in NCAA). This will be a defensive battle.
Arkansas is 8-3 against the spread (ATS) in its last 11 games overall and 16-3-1 ATS in its last 20 games in February. On the other side, the Volunteers are 2-6 ATS in their last eight games overall and 1-4 ATS in their last five games against the Razorbacks. Take the points in what should be a nail-biter.
Bet: Arkansas Razorbacks +6.5 (-106)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.