TCU vs Texas Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 1 (Longhorns Earn Valuable Road Win in Fort Worth)
TCU vs Texas Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 22 TCU (19-10, 8-8 Big 12) vs. No. 9 Texas (22-7, 11-5 Big 12)
- Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Schollmaier Arena -- Fort Worth, Texas
- Coverage: ESPN2
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Wednesday with an exciting matchup between the No. 9 Texas Longhorns and No. 22 TCU Horned Frogs. Texas fell short its last time out in an 81-72 loss to Baylor. Dylan Disu shined with 24 points, but the Longhorns gave up 29 free throw attempts.
Meanwhile, TCU took care of business in an 83-82 win over Texas Tech on Saturday. Mike Miles paced the offense with a team-high 24 points on 8-of-16 shooting, while Emanuel Miller chipped in with a double-double (14 points & 12 rebounds).
Which Big 12 squad will emerge victorious on Wednesday? Let's take a closer look.
TCU vs Texas Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TCU: (-146) | TEXAS: (+122)
- Spread: TCU: -2.5 (-115) | TEXAS: +2.5 (-105)
- Total: 149.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
TCU enters this contest as a slight home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 149.5 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
TCU vs Texas Betting Trends
- TCU's record against the spread is 15-14-0.
- Against the spread as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Horned Frogs are 8-8.
- There have been 16 TCU's games (out of 29) that went over the total this season.
- Texas has 12 wins in 29 games against the spread this season.
- The Longhorns have no wins ATS (0-4) as a 2.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Texas has seen 16 of its 29 games hit the over.
|TCU Rank||TCU AVG||Texas AVG||Texas Rank|
TCU vs Texas Prediction & Pick
Fans are in for a treat if Wednesday's game is anything like the first time these teams met this season back on Jan. 11. The Longhorns took down the Horned Frogs by a score of 79-75 despite trailing by 13 points at the half. Keep in mind that was Texas' eighth win in its last nine games against TCU.
The Longhorns and Horned Frogs rank similarly in a ton of statistical categories such as points per game, rebounding percentage and turnovers per contest. The difference in this one will be made at the free throw line, where Texas shoots 74.5% (No. 76 in NCAA) and TCU shoots 69.9% (No. 251).
I like Texas to complete a season sweep and build some momentum ahead of the conference tourney.
Final Score Prediction: TCU: 72 | Texas: 75
TCU vs Texas Best Bet
When a conference matchup could go either way, it's never a bad idea to take the points. Texas is 3-2 ATS in its last five games against a ranked opponent and 6-2-1 against the spread (ATS) in its last nine games against TCU. On the other side, TCU is 0-4 ATS in its last four games against a ranked foe.
It's worth noting the road team has covered the spread in each of the last five games between the Longhorns and Horned Frogs as well. Texas is stacked with capable scorers, as Marcus Carr, Timmie Allen, Tyrese Hunter and Sir'Jabari Rice are all averaging at least 10.0 points per game this year.
Bet: Texas Longhorns +2.5 (-105)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.