TCU vs Iowa State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 17 TCU (13-1, 2-0 Big 12) vs. No. 25 Iowa State (11-2, 2-0 Big 12)
- Date: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Schollmaier Arena -- Fort Worth, Texas
Saturday, Jan. 7's NCAA college basketball slate includes a massive Big 12 showdown between the No. 17 TCU Horned Frogs and No. 25 Iowa State Cyclones.
TCU has been chugging along lately, picking up its 11th consecutive win with an 88-87 effort against ranked Baylor on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Iowa State won its fourth straight game in the form of a 63-60 victory over Oklahoma earlier this week,
Does TCU have what it takes to achieve its 12th straight victory? Or will Iowa State manage to pull off a huge road upset?
TCU vs Iowa State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TCU: (-230) | IOWAST: (+188)
- Spread: TCU: -5.5 (-110) | IOWAST: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 132.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
TCU enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 2 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 132.5 points, which is below average compared to the rest of Saturday's totals.
TCU vs Iowa State Betting Trends
- TCU's record against the spread is 8-6-0.
- The Horned Frogs have an ATS record of 4-6 as 6.5-point favorites or more.
- TCU has played 14 games this season, and eight of them have gone over the total.
- Against the spread, Iowa State is 8-5-0 this year.
- The Cyclones have no wins ATS (0-1) as a 6.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Out of Iowa State's 13 games so far this season, three have hit the over.
|TCU Rank||TCU AVG||Iowa State AVG||Iowa State Rank|
TCU vs Iowa State Prediction & Pick
TCU and Iowa State are two of the better teams when it comes to creating separation. The Horned Frogs currently own a plus-15.7 scoring margin (No. 8) while the Cyclones sit at plus-13.2 (T-No. 16). Having said that, it's worth pointing out that TCU is a whopping plus-20.3 at Schollmaier Arena, whereas Iowa State sits at an unimpressive minus-5.4 on the road.
Speaking of the road, Iowa State tends to struggle away from home, losing 16 of its last 20 road games. Furthermore, the Cyclones have also lost five of their last six road games against the Horned Frogs, who just happen to have won six consecutive games at home.
Both of these Big 12 programs are fantastic, but TCU's dominance at Schollmaier Arena — both against Iowa State and other teams — cannot be ignored.
Final Score Prediction: TCU: 74 | Iowa State: 70
TCU vs Iowa State Best Bet
Even though both TCU and Iowa State have displayed solid defense this season, I'm expecting more points than projected. On top of 10 of the last 14 matchups between the Horned Frogs and Iowa State hitting the over, 14 of the last 17 tilts in this Big 12 rivalry have surpassed 132.5 points.
As both foes try to outdo the other to gain ground in the conference, look for the total to hit the over.
Bet: Over 132.5 Points (-115)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.