Suns vs. Celtics Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Coverage: ESPN, BSAZ, and NBCS-BOS
The top team in the East battles the top team in the West on Wednesday night as the Boston Celtics take on the Phoenix Suns in a potential NBA Finals preview.
The scorching-hot Celtics hit the road after winning 16 of their last 18 games, while the Suns finally get Chris Paul back after a 14-game injury absence.
Will Paul's long-awaited return be enough to push Phoenix over the top at home?
Suns vs. Celtics Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-118) | PHO: (-100)
- Spread: BOS: -1.5 (-108) | PHO: +1.5 (-112)
- Total: 230.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Celtics come into this game as slight road favorites on both the spread and moneyline by virtue of having a better record (20-5 vs 16-8). This game also features a total of 230.5 points, which is about average for Wednesday's slate.
Suns vs. Celtics Betting Trends
- The Celtics won 43 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing 39 times.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 1.5 points or more, the Suns went 5-4 last year.
- A total of 41 Celtics games last season went over the point total.
- Last year, 41 of the Suns' 82 games hit the over.
Suns vs. Celtics Prediction & Pick
No one's been able to stop the Celtics lately, who are attempting to ride their dominant offense to a second straight Finals appearance. Boston ranks first in both points per game (120.6) and offensive rating (120.7), making them a tough matchup for any opponent.
The Suns may be up to the task, however, as they rank second in offensive rating. They also feature one of the stingiest defenses in the NBA, ranking sixth in both defensive rating and fewest points per game allowed.
Paul is the X-factor here after missing a month with a heel injury. If he plays well in his return and gives Phoenix a spark, that could be enough to put the Suns over the top. We suspect he may struggle in his first game back, as he'll likely be a bit rusty and probably needs some time to get back into game shape.
Back Boston by a nose here.
Final Score Prediction: Celtics: 116 | Suns: 114
Suns vs. Celtics Best Bet
Paul will probably have his minutes limited somewhat in his first game back, which will prevent him from making too much of an impact. The Celtics are firing on all cylinders right now and have been one of the best road teams in the NBA this year, going 9-3 away from TD Garden.
If Paul was at full strength I'd probably lean Phoenix here, but he's too much of an unknown tonight to have much faith in him. Take Boston to cover the spread.
Bet: Boston Celtics -1.5 (-108)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.