Spurs vs. Warriors Game Info
- Date: Friday, January 13, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: AT&T Center -- San Antonio, Texas
- Coverage: ESPN, BSSW, and NBCS-BA
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Friday with nine more games, including a battle between the Golden State Warriors and San Antonio Spurs. The Warriors rank eighth in the Western Conference with a 20-21 record, while the Spurs check in 14th with a 13-29 record. This one could go either way.
Golden State enters on a three-game losing streak that includes a 125-113 loss to the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday. Meanwhile, San Antonio has dropped six of its last seven games following a 135-129 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday. Which Western Conference foe will bounce back on Friday?
Spurs vs. Warriors Odds & Spread
All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SAS: (+270) | GSW: (-335)
- Spread: SAS:+8.5 (-112) | GSW: -8.5 (-108)
- Total: 243 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Warriors enter this contest as clear road favorites on moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 243 points, which ranks as the highest of Friday's projected totals.
Spurs vs. Warriors Betting Trends
- The Warriors have registered an 18-21-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Spurs have been underdogs by 8 points or more 16 times this year and are 8-8 ATS in those contests.
- Warriors games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 22 times out of 41 chances this season.
- Spurs games this season have gone over the total in 24 of 41 opportunities (58.5%).
- Against the spread, Golden State has played better when playing at home, covering 14 times in 22 home games, and four times in 18 road games.
- Against the spread, San Antonio has been better at home (12-10-0) than away (8-11-0).
Spurs vs. Warriors Prediction & Pick
The Warriors got star Stephen Curry back from a shoulder injury on Tuesday, but even that couldn't help them from falling to an injured Suns squad. It was Golden State's third straight home loss. Head coach Steve Kerr's squad has the perfect matchup to get back in the winning column tonight, though.
San Antonio ranks last in the NBA in defensive efficiency and allows a whopping 119.4 points per home game (No. 29 in NBA). The Spurs also give up an opponent shooting percentage of 48.9% at the AT&T Center (No. 28 in NBA). The Warriors should have no issues scoring the basketball here.
Golden State is 14-6 straight up in its last 20 games against a Southwest Division opponent, so I'll back the Warriors.
Final Score Prediction: Spurs: 119 | Warriors: 129
Spurs vs. Warriors Best Bet
It's rare to see an NBA total cross the 240-point threshold. However, it makes sense in this matchup. Both the Warriors and Spurs rank among the top eight NBA teams in pace and rank outside the top 20 teams in defensive efficiency. Expect lackluster defense, easy layups and uncontested put-backs.
The total has hit the over in each of Golden State's last nine away games as well as in 11 of San Antonio's last 13 games overall. The over has also cashed in seven of San Antonio's last eight games against a Western Conference opponent. Trust the trends and root for points on Friday night.
Bet: Over 243 points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.