Spurs vs. Suns Game Info
- Date: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Venue: AT&T Center -- San Antonio, Texas
- Coverage: BSSW and BSAZ
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Sunday with eight more games, including a battle between the Phoenix Suns and San Antonio Spurs. The Suns fell just short in a 122-121 loss to the Houston Rockets on Friday. Devin Booker, Mikal Bridges and Cameron Payne combined for a stellar 83 points.
Meanwhile, the Spurs blew another halftime lead as they lost to the New Orleans Pelicans by a score of 117-99 on Friday. Guard Devin Vassell scored 25 points, while Tre Jones tallied 9 assists. San Antonio has now fallen into last place in the Western Conference following its 10th consecutive loss.
Spurs vs. Suns Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: PHO: (-500) | SA: (+385)
- Spread: PHO: -10 (-110) | SA: +10 (-110)
- Total: 229.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Suns enter this contest as clear road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 4 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 229.5 points, which is about average compared to the rest of Sunday's projected totals.
Spurs vs. Suns Betting Trends
- The Suns have covered the spread 13 times this season (13-8-0).
- This season, the Spurs are winless against the spread when entering a game as an underdog of 10 points or more.
- Suns games have gone over the total 10 times out of 22 chances this season.
- Spurs games this year have gone over the point total 45.5% of the time (10 out of 22 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Phoenix has played better when playing at home, covering nine times in 14 home games, and four times in seven road games.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, San Antonio has a better winning percentage at home (.417, 5-7-0 record) than away (.300, 3-7-0).
Spurs vs. Suns Prediction & Pick
The Spurs are going to do everything they can to avoid losing their 11th straight game on Sunday, but this is a nightmare matchup for them. San Antonio has been getting demolished down low, giving up 54.3 points in the paint per game (No. 29 in NBA). Now it has to face Phoenix's center Deandre Ayton.
Ayton has dropped at least 28 points in three of his last five games and logged double-digit rebounds in seven of his last eight games. Even if Ayton can't get the job done, the Suns are shooting 37.9% from three-point range (No. 6 in NBA). Sharpshooters can be found up and down Phoenix's roster.
The Suns are 6-0 straight up in their last six games against the Spurs, so I'll trust them on the road.
Final Score Prediction: Spurs: 108 | Suns: 122
Spurs vs. Suns Best Bet
It's worth pointing out that the Spurs' losses during this recent slump have not been close, either. Six of San Antonio's last eight losses have come by double-digits and it is 0-8 against the spread (ATS) during that same span. It'll be hard for the Spurs to turn things around against the West's best teams.
That's especially the case considering the Spurs own the worst fourth quarter scoring margin in the NBA (-4.9). That means this game could be close entering the fourth quarter and still end up in a double-digit win for the Suns. After all, Phoenix is a reliable 13-7 ATS in its last 20 games overall.
Bet: Phoenix Suns -10 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.