Spurs vs. Nets Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: AT&T Center -- San Antonio, Texas
- Coverage: BSSW and YES
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Tuesday with four more games, including a battle between the Brooklyn Nets and San Antonio Spurs. The Nets rank second in the Eastern Conference with a stellar 27-15 record, while the Spurs check in 14th in the Western Conference with a 13-31 record.
Brooklyn enters as a loser in three of its last five games following a 112-102 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday. Meanwhile, San Antonio saw its losing streak extended to five games thanks to a 132-119 loss to the Sacramento Kings on Sunday. Which squad will bounce back on Tuesday?
Spurs vs. Nets Odds & Spread
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SAS: (+190) | BKN: (-225)
- Spread: SAS: +5.5 (-106) | BKN: -5.5 (-114)
- Total: 232.5 -- Over: (-108) | Under: (-112)
The Nets enter this contest as notable road favorites on moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 232.5 points, which is about average when compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Spurs vs. Nets Betting Trends
- The Nets have covered the spread 21 times in 41 games with a set spread.
- This season, the Spurs have an ATS record of 12-17 in their 29 games as an underdog of 6 points or more.
- Nets games have gone over the total 16 times out of 43 chances this season.
- Spurs games this year have gone over the total in 26 of 43 opportunities (60.5%).
- When playing at home, Brooklyn sports a worse record against the spread (9-11-0) compared to its ATS record in away games (12-9-0).
- This season, San Antonio is 12-12-0 at home against the spread (.500 winning percentage). Away, it is 8-11-0 ATS (.421).
Spurs vs. Nets Prediction & Pick
The Nets have lost both of their games since star Kevin Durant went down with a brutal MCL sprain. It's clear Brooklyn going to need some time to adjust, but it cannot afford to fall too low in the NBA standings. The good news is that a matchup against the Spurs lines up as a great spot to get right.
San Antonio ranks last in defensive efficiency this season and is also allowing an NBA-worst 120.0 points per home game. The Nets should see a lot of wide open shots, which is crucial considering they are shooting a reliable 50.8% from the floor this year (No. 2 in NBA). This lines up as a mismatch.
Brooklyn has won six straight games against San Antonio, too, so back the Nets with confidence.
Final Score Prediction: Spurs: 116 | Nets: 122
Spurs vs. Nets Best Bet
The betting value in this game lies in the point total. It's already been mentioned how advantageous a matchup the Brooklyn offense draws tonight. Well, it's worth pointing out that the Nets average the fifth-most personal fouls per away game (21.9). San Antonio could get to the free throw line often.
Expect a Spurs team that plays at the fifth-fastest pace in the NBA to attempt to speed this game up as well, which is just another reason to back the over. The total has hit the over in 13 of San Antonio's last 15 games overall and in six of its last seven games against Brooklyn. Root for points on Tuesday.
Bet: Over 232.5 Points (-108)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.