San Diego State vs Colorado State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 21 (Back a Slow-Paced, Defensive Battle)
San Diego State vs Colorado State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 22 San Diego State (21-5, 12-2 MWC) vs. Colorado State (12-15, 4-10 MWC)
- Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Time: 11:00 PM ET
- Venue: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl -- San Diego, California
- Coverage: CBS Sports Network
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Tuesday with an exciting matchup between the Colorado State Rams and No. 22 San Diego State Aztecs. Colorado State is coming off a 60-57 win over Fresno State on Saturday where Isaiah Stevens tallied a team-high 18 points (7-of-13 shooting).
Meanwhile, San Diego State took down Fresno State by a score of 45-43 in its most recent game on Wednesday. It was the Aztecs' eighth win in their last nine games as they held the Bulldogs to a dismal 2-of-26 mark (7.7%) from beyond the arc. Which Mountain West team will earn a win tonight?
San Diego State vs Colorado State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SDSU: (-630) | CO ST: (+450)
- Spread: SDSU: -10.5 (-110) | CO ST: +10.5 (-110)
- Total: 136.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
San Diego State enters this contest as a considerable home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 11 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 136.5 points, which is about average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
San Diego State vs Colorado State Betting Trends
- Against the spread, San Diego State is 12-13-0 this season.
- The Aztecs have an ATS record of 3-4 as 11.5-point favorites or more.
- San Diego State has seen 14 of its 25 games go over the point total.
- Colorado State has 10 wins in 26 games against the spread this year.
- The Rams are yet to lose ATS (1-0) as a 11.5-point underdog or more this year.
- Colorado State has seen 17 of its 26 games hit the over.
|San Diego State Rank||San Diego State AVG||Colorado State AVG||Colorado State Rank|
San Diego State vs Colorado State Prediction & Pick
It's important for the Aztecs to not overlook this game with matchups against New Mexico and Boise State looming on the horizon. The Rams have all the motivation necessary to pull off an upset after falling short in an 82-76 loss to San Diego State in January. The idea of revenge has to be on its mind.
The Aztecs have been too good at home to fall apart in a matchup like this, though. They are holding opponents to 61.6 points per game on a shooting percentage of 40.0% at Viejas Arena this season. Keep in mind San Diego State also ranks 32nd in the country when it comes to total rebounding rate.
Colorado State has lost nine of its last 11 games against San Diego State, so fade the Rams here.
Final Score Prediction: San Diego State: 71 | Colorado State: 61
San Diego State vs Colorado State Best Bet
Both San Diego State and Colorado State are coming off subpar offensive performances. The Aztecs scored only 45 points in a win over Fresno State and shot 32.7% from the floor. The Rams scored 60 points and went 6-of-18 from three-point range in their win. Seeing this total sit at 136.5 is surprising.
San Diego State and Colorado State each rank oustide the top 200 teams in possessions per game as well. Backing the under in a slow-paced game is the way to go. After all, these teams combined for 130 points in regulation when they met in January before overtime allowed the total to hit the over.
Bet: Under 136.5 Points (-105)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.