San Diego State vs Utah State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 11 MWC Championship
San Diego State vs Utah State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball MWC Tournament Championship
- No. 20 San Diego State (26-6, 15-3 MWC) vs. Utah State (26-7, 13-5 MWC)
- Date: Saturday, March 11, 2023
- Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Venue: Thomas & Mack Center -- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Coverage: CBS
Saturday, March 11's NCAA college basketball lineup features the MWC Tournament Championship Game as the No. 20 San Diego State Aztecs square off against the Utah State Aggies.
San Diego State advanced to the finals in a dominant fashion, picking up a massive 64-49 win over San Jose State. On the other side, Utah State extended its winning streak to seven straight games with a 72-62 effort against Boise State.
Can San Diego State win the MWC Tournament for the second time in the last three seasons? Or will Utah State prove that it has what it takes to win its first championship since 2020?
San Diego State vs Utah State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SDSU: (-134) | UT ST: (+112)
- Spread: SDSU: -1.5 (-120) | UT ST: +1.5 (-102)
- Total: 136.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
San Diego State enters this contest as the slim favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 6 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 161.5 points with the over being favored at -115 odds.
San Diego State vs Utah State Betting Trends
- Against the spread, San Diego State is 15-16-0 this year.
- The Aztecs have an ATS record of 14-14 as 1.5-point favorites or more.
- This season, 14 of San Diego State's 31 games have hit the over.
- Utah State has beaten the spread 21 times in 32 games.
- The Aggies don't have a win ATS (0-3) as a 1.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Utah State has played 32 games this season, and 20 of them have hit the over.
|San Diego State Rank||San Diego State AVG||Utah State AVG||Utah State Rank|
San Diego State vs Utah State Prediction & Pick
San Diego State has had Utah State's number recently, winning the last three matchups of this rivalry. Despite the Aggies' having a strong offense (78.4 PPG, No. 23), they only mustered 61 points on .385/.263/.727 splits in their last game against the Aztecs just over one month ago.
It's going to be hard for Utah State to get anything going again this evening. San Diego State is only allowing 53.3 PPG on 40.5% shooting over its last three outings. This is also the Aztecs' sixth consecutive MWC Championship appearance, meaning head coach Brian Dutcher should know what it takes to get the job done by now.
It's going to be a competitive contest between two teams that have won four of the previous five conference championships. However, San Diego State is ranked for a reason and will bring Utah State back down to earth.
Final Score Prediction: San Diego State: 73 | Utah State: 70
San Diego State vs Utah State Best Bet
Although Utah State won its last outing, it's worth pointing out that it trailed Boise State by eight points at halftime. Unfortunately for the Aggies, the Aztecs are one of the country's best first-half teams. San Diego State allows an average of just 28.0 points (No. 8) with a plus-7.4 scoring margin (No. 10) in the first half.
With San Diego State only needing to lead by a single point at halftime to cover this bet, it's a fairly riskless opportunity worth taking.
Bet: First-Half Spread — San Diego State -0.5 (-118)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.