San Diego State vs San Jose State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 10 MWC Tournament (Spartans Keep it Close)
San Diego State vs San Jose State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball MWC Tournament Game
- No. 20 San Diego State (25-6, 15-3 MWC) vs. San Jose State (20-12, 10-8 MWC)
- Date: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Venue: Thomas & Mack Center -- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Coverage: CBS Sports Network
The MWC Tournament continues on Friday with a thrilling matchup between the San Jose State Spartans and San Diego State Aztecs. The Spartans are in search of their first finals appearance ever. The winner of this semifinal matchup will then face the victor of the Boise State vs Utah State game.
San Jose State enters on a four-game winning streak that includes an 81-77 (OT) win over Nevada in the quarterfinals. Meanwhile, San Diego State has now won eight of its last nine games thanks to a 64-61 win over Colorado State on Thursday. Which MWC squad will emerge victorious on Friday?
San Diego State vs San Jose State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SDSU: (-410) | SJSU: (+315)
- Spread: SDSU: -8.5 (-110) | SJSU: +8.5 (-110)
- Total: 126.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
San Diego State enters this contest as a clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 126.5 points, which is below average compared to Friday's projected totals.
San Diego State vs San Jose State Betting Trends
- San Diego State's record against the spread is 14-16-0.
- Against the spread as 8.5-point favorites or more, the Aztecs are 7-10.
- There have been 14 San Diego State's games (out of 30) that went over the total this year.
- San Jose State is 21-10-0 against the spread this year.
- As 8.5-point underdogs or greater, the Spartans are 4-5 against the spread.
- San Jose State has seen 17 of its 31 games hit the over.
|San Diego State Rank||San Diego State AVG||San Jose State AVG||San Jose State Rank|
San Diego State vs San Jose State Prediction & Pick
San Jose State pulled off an upset against Nevada on Thursday behind stellar outings from both Omari Moore (26 points & 10 assists) and Sage Tolbert III (20 points). The Spartans are better than their 10-8 conference record indicates, but they now run into one of the best defenses in the country.
San Diego State ranks 39th in defensive efficiency and allows only 64.5 points per game (No. 32 in NCAA). The Aztecs should be able to stand tall against a Spartans team that ranks all the way down at 216th in offensive efficiency. San Jose State's unexpected tourney run is about to come to an end.
San Diego State has won seven straight games as a favorite, so back the Aztecs in the semifinals.
Final Score Prediction: San Diego State: 66 | San Jose State: 61
San Diego State vs San Jose State Best Bet
San Diego State has a great chance at advancing to the MWC Championship game on Friday, but it's going to be hard to cover an 8.5-point spread. The Aztecs are only 2-4 against the spread (ATS) in their last six games overall, while the Spartans are a reliable 4-1 ATS in their last five games overall.
San Jose State is also 6-2 ATS in its last eight games against a Mountain West opponent. It is playing its best basketball of the year, while San Diego State barely beat a Colorado State team on Thursday that finished the regular season with a 6-12 conference record. Side with the Spartans' momentum.
Bet: San Jose State Spartans +8.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.