Saint Louis vs Davidson Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 27 (A-10 Rivals Meet in Low-Scoring Showdown)
Saint Louis vs Davidson Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Saint Louis (14-6, 6-1 A-10) vs. Davidson (10-10, 3-5 A-10)
- Date: Friday, January 27, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: John M. Belk Arena -- Davidson, North Carolina
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Friday with an exciting matchup between the Saint Louis Bilikens and Davidson Wildcats. Saint Louis sits second the A-10 conference and is coming off an 84-71 win over La Salle on Saurday. Yuri Collins racked up 17 points and 11 assists.
Meanwhile, Davidson is aiming to keep the momentum going following its 64-57 win over La Salle on Tuesday. The Wildcats held the Explorers to a 33.9% shooting mark and forced 14 turnovers. It was junior Sam Mennenga that shined on offense with 27 points (10-of-16 shooting) and 11 rebounds.
Saint Louis vs Davidson Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ST LOU: (-134) | DAVID: (+112)
- Spread: ST LOU: -1.5 (-120) | DAVID: +1.5 (+102)
- Total: 145.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Saint Louis enters this contest as slight road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 145.5 points, which is above average compared to Friday's projected totals.
Saint Louis vs Davidson Betting Trends
- Saint Louis has nine wins in 19 games against the spread this year.
- As 0.5-point favorites or more, the Billikens are 8-9 against the spread.
- Out of 19 Saint Louis' games so far this year, 11 have gone over the total.
- Davidson is 10-9-0 against the spread this year.
- The Wildcats are 4-3 as 0.5-point underdogs or more.
- There have been seven Davidson games (out of 19) that went over the total this season.
|Saint Louis Rank||Saint Louis AVG||Davidson AVG||Davidson Rank|
Saint Louis vs Davidson Prediction & Pick
The Bilikens enter Friday night on a five-game winning streak that has included three victories by a double-digit margin. The key to their success this season can be found on the defensive side. Saint Louis is allowing an opponent shooting percentage of just 40.8% on the season (No. 44 in NCAA).
That does not bode well for a Davidson team that has struggled to score. The Wildcats rank tied for 209th in the country in points per game this year (69.2) and have averaged just 61.8 points over their last four games. Any kind of depth outside of Mennenga and Foster Loyer is nonexistent at this point.
Davidson has lost three of its last four home games, too, so I'll fade the Wildcats on Friday night.
Final Score Prediction: Saint Louis: 72 | Davidson: 67
Saint Louis vs Davidson Best Bet
Conference games could always go either way, which makes targeting the point total a safer option. Saint Louis' defensive successes combined with Davidson's offensive struggles make backing the under the way to go. As the home team, Davidson should take control with a slower pace as well.
The total has hit the under in four of the Wildcats' last five games overall as well as in seven of their last nine games against an A-10 opponent. The under has also cashed in four of the last five head-to-head matchups between Saint Louis and Davidson. Trust the trends and bet on a low-scoring game.
Bet: Under 145.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.