Rutgers vs Michigan Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 23 (Wolverines Earn Valuable Upset in Piscataway)
Rutgers vs Michigan Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Rutgers (17-10, 9-7 Big Ten) vs. Michigan (15-12, 9-7 Big Ten)
- Date: Thursday, February 23, 2023
- Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Venue: Jersey Mike's Arena -- Piscataway, New Jersey
- Coverage: Fox Sports 1
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Thursday with an exciting matchup between the Michigan Wolverines and Rutgers Scarlet Knights. Michigan is coming off an 84-72 win over Michigan State on Saturday where Dug McDaniel racked up 18 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists.
Meanwhile, Rutgers overcame a late deficit to earn a 58-57 win over Wisconsin on Saturday thanks to go-ahead dunk by Aundre Hyatt with a minute to go. Cam Spencer guided the offense with 22 points on a 7-of-14 shooting mark. Which Big Ten squad will emerge victorious at Jersey Mike's Arena?
Rutgers vs Michigan Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: RUTGER: (-210) | MICH: (+172)
- Spread: RUTGER: -5.5 (-104) | MICH: +5.5 (-118)
- Total: 135.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Rutgers enters this contest as a considerable home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 135.5 points, which is about average compared to Thursday's projected totals.
Rutgers vs Michigan Betting Trends
- Rutgers' record against the spread is 16-11-0.
- Against the spread as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Scarlet Knights are 10-4.
- Rutgers has played 27 games this year, and 11 of them have hit the over.
- Michigan is 13-14-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wolverines have won twice ATS (2-1) as a 5.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Out of Michigan's 27 games so far this season, 15 have gone over the total.
|Rutgers Rank||Rutgers AVG||Michigan AVG||Michigan Rank|
Rutgers vs Michigan Prediction & Pick
This lines up as an amazing game. Michigan is one of the only teams in the Big Ten that can match up with Rutgers down low as Hunter Dickinson is set to battle it out with Clifford Omoruyi tonight. Each big man leads their team in scoring and is averaging at least 8.5 rebounds per game on the season.
Taking that advantage away from the Scarlet Knights gives the Wolverines a chance at pulling off a victory. Rutgers is allowing 69.7 points per game (No. 206 in NCAA) and Michigan is averaging 71.6 points per game on the road. This one is going to go back and forth until the game clock hits zero.
Michigan has won 11 of its last 12 games against Rutgers, so give me the Wolverines in an upset.
Final Score Prediction: Rutgers: 67 | Michigan: 70
Rutgers vs Michigan Best Bet
It's hard to go against a rowdy Rutgers fan base as it gives the team a huge home-court advantage, but covering 5.5 points is too much to ask. After all, the Scarlet Knights have lost four of their last five home games against the Wolverines. This is an opponent that has simply crushed them as of late.
Michigan is 5-2 against the spread (ATS) in its last seven games against Rutgers and 4-2 ATS in its last six games overall. The Wolverines are fighting for their life on the bubble of NCAA Tournament recognition, too, so expect head coach Juwan Howard to have his boys fired up to compete tonight.
Bet: Michigan Wolverines +5.5 (-118)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.