This week’s Rothstein 45 is now live!
Check out our rankings below:
1. North Carolina: Pete Nance is only averaging 6.5 points in his first two games.
2. Gonzaga: Showed incredible resolve against Michigan State.
3. Creighton: Appointment television.
4. Houston: Jarace Walker was dominant in the Veterans Classic against St. Joe’s.
5. Kentucky: Oscar Tshiebwe’s health remains a major question.
6. UCLA: Jaylen Clark is a problem.
7. Duke: Will have its first test on Tuesday in the Champions Classic against Kansas.
8. Baylor: Keyonte George is special.
9. Kansas: Who plays center?
10. TCU: Not the same team without Damion Baugh.
11. Texas: Can make a major statement against Gonzaga on Wednesday.
12. Indiana: Friday’s game at Xavier will be a litmus test.
13. San Diego State: Jaedon LeDee is the real deal.
14. Michigan State: Outplayed Gonzaga for the majority of 40 minutes.
15. Arkansas: Will Nick Smith (knee) play in next week’s Maui Invitational?
16. Tennessee: Was completely out of sync against Colorado.
17. Auburn: 10 players are averaging double figure minutes.
18. Villanova: Lost to Temple for the first time since 2012.
19. Purdue: Hosts Marquette on Tuesday in the Gavitt Games.
20. Xavier: There’s not many frontcourt combinations better than Zach Freemantle and Jack Nunge.
21. Texas A&M: Buy stock in Wade Taylor IV.
22. Arizona: Has tallied 54 assists on 68 made field goals in its first two games.
23. Virginia: Shooting 48 percent from three-point range as a team.
24. UConn: Has to get healthy before the PK85.
25. Michigan: Hunter Dickinson is averaging 26.5 points and 9.5 rebounds.
26. Alabama: Made a statement against Liberty.
27. Western Kentucky: Luke Frampton is 11-13 from three-point range.
28. Miami: Norchad Omier is averaging 13 rebounds.
29. Oregon: Friday’s loss to UC Irvine was one of the worst losses of the Dana Altman era.
30. Seton Hall: Will get a test from Iowa on Wednesday in Newark.
31. Saint Louis: Yuri Collins has 27 assists and just five turnovers through two games.
32. Dayton: Will visit UNLV on Tuesday.
33. Ohio State: Brice Sensabaugh is a star.
34. Texas Tech: 31 assists and 32 turnovers through two games.
35. Illinois: Baylor transfer Dain Dainja is averaging a double-double.
36. Virginia Tech: Mike Young coaches offense as well as anyone in the sport.
37. USC: Playing for the first time in years without a dominant big man.
38. Notre Dame: Freshman J.J. Starling was huge down the stretch against Youngstown State.
39. St. John’s: Joel Soriano is making an impact on the glass.
40. Florida: Kyle Lofton only has one turnover in 47 minutes.
41. Providence: Will play one game outside of New England before Dec. 17th.
42. Wisconsin: Tyler Wahl looks like one of the best players in the Big Ten.
43. Wyoming: Hanging on for dear life without Graham Ike.
44. Iowa: Buy stock in Payton Sandfort.
45. Marquette: This feels like one of Shaka Smart’s teams from VCU.
Jon Rothstein has been a college basketball insider for CBS Sports since 2010 and a contributor to the CBS Broadcast Network since 2016. He joined FanDuel in 2022 as a Content Creator. Rothstein is also the host of the College Hoops Today Podcast via Compass Media Networks.