Rockets vs. Spurs Game Info
- Date: Monday, December 19, 2022
- Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Toyota Center -- Houston, Texas
- Coverage: BSSW and SportsNet SW
Nine matchups are on the NBA's Monday, Dec. 19 schedule, including a Southwest Division clash between the Houston Rockets (9-20) and San Antonio Spurs (9-20).
The Spurs have lost back-to-back games ahead of this matchup, picking up a 111-101 loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday. Funnily enough, the Rockets have also lost each of their last two outings, including a 107-95 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers two nights ago.
Can Houston return to its winning ways with a strong effort tonight? Or will San Antonio beat their rivals for the second time in as many meetings this season?
Rockets vs. Spurs Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: HOU: (-196) | SA: (+164)
- Spread: HOU: -5 (-110) | SA: +5 (-110)
- Total: 227.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Rockets enter this contest as clear road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 227.5 points, which is about average compared to the rest of Monday's projected totals.
Rockets vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- The Rockets have put together a 12-14-2 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Spurs have an against-the-spread record of 8-14 in their 22 games as an underdog of 3.5 points or more.
- Rockets games have gone over the total 13 times this season.
- Spurs games this season have gone over the total in 13 of 28 opportunities (46.4%).
- Houston has done a better job covering the spread in home games (6-5-1) than it has in road tilts (6-9-1).
- In 2022-23 against the spread, San Antonio has a better winning percentage at home (.412, 7-10-0 record) than on the road (.364, 4-7-0).
Rockets vs. Spurs Prediction & Pick
The Spurs already vanquished the Rockets once this season, snagging a 118-109 victory back on Dec. 8. While the victory was impressive on its own, it also marked the seventh time that San Antonio has gotten the win in its last nine meetings with Houston.
Having said that, I do like the Rockets reversing their fortunes tonight. One of the reasons why they fell to the Trail Blazers was that they shot just 3-for-29 from beyond the arc. Houston shouldn't have much of an issue hitting its three-point shots tonight considering that the Spurs are allowing the highest opponent three-point percentage in the league (39.3%).
Furthermore, San Antonio will potentially be without leading scoring Keldon Johnson. The 23-year-old is questionable with a back contusion suffered over the weekend and his presence would be missed if he can't suit up. Unfortunately for the Spurs, they're 0-8 straight up in the last eight games that Johnson has missed.
Back the Rockets to pick up the solid bounce-back win.
Final Score Prediction: Rockets: 114 | Spurs: 103
Rockets vs. Spurs Best Bet
The Spurs have been brutal against the spread (ATS) lately, going 3-11 ATS in their last 14 games. While the Rockets haven't been perfect, they've at least covered the spread in six of their last eight home games and look like the better team overall lately.
With San Antonio potentially being without Johnson, I don't see how they can keep this game close. Look for Houston to cover the spread.
Bet: Rockets -5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.