Rockets vs. Spurs Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Time: 8:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: AT&T Center -- San Antonio, TX
- Coverage: NBA TV
The San Antonio Spurs will host the Houston Rockets on Thursday night in a battle between the two worst teams in the Western Conference.
Despite their lowly records, these two clubs are heading in opposite directions. The Rockets have begun to turn things around lately, winning four of their last seven games. The Spurs, on other hand, are mired in an embarrassing 11-game losing streak.
Which scuffling squad will pull out the win tonight? Let's take a look.
Rockets vs. Spurs Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: HOU: (-122) | SAS: (+104)
- Spread: HOU: -1.5 (-110) | SAS: +1.5 (-110)
- Total: 230 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
Not surprisingly, the Rockets enter this game as slight road favorites on both the spread and the moneyline. This game also features the highest total on Thursday's slate at 230 points.
Rockets vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- The Rockets are 3-12 straight up on the road this year, while the Spurs are 3-10 at home.
- Despite having a losing record this year, the Rockets are 13-11 against the spread (ATS).
- The Spurs are just 1-9 ATS over their last 10 games.
- The total has gone over in the last four games between these two teams.
Rockets vs. Spurs Prediction & Pick
As mentioned, the Rockets have been playing much better lately, earning hard-fought wins over the Phoenix Suns and Philadelphia 76ers during the past week. They seem to have turned a corner and are finding their identity.
The Spurs, on the other hand, are as lost as ever. They've lost 16 of their last 17 games and most of those defeats haven't even been competitive, as San Antonio's been getting blown out on a nightly basis.
This game represents a good chance for the Spurs to get back in the win column, but I don't see it happening. The Rockets have momentum on their side and should come away with a victory here.
Final Score Prediction: Rockets: 116 | Spurs: 110
Rockets vs. Spurs Best Bet
Both teams have had major issues putting the ball in the hoop this year. Houston ranks 22nd in scoring at 110.9 points per game, while San Antonio is even worse at 26th (109.5 points per game).
The Spurs have fallen short of 100 points in six of their last 11 games, looking totally out of sync. The Rockets can also be hit-or-miss and have alternated good offensive performances with bad ones lately.
Given the offensive ineptitude on both sides, I'm backing the Under on this lofty total here.
Bet: Under 230 Total Points (-108)
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.