Rockets vs. Lakers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for April 2 (Anthony Davis Balls Out in LA Victory)
By Larry Rupp
Rockets vs. Lakers Game Info
- Date: Sunday, April 2, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Toyota Center -- Houston, Texas
- Coverage: SportsNet SW and SportsNet LA
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Sunday with 13 more games, including a battle between the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets. The Lakers rank eighth in the Western Conference with a 39-38 record, while the Rockets check in last with a 19-59 record. This one lines up as a mismatch.
The Lakers enter as a victor in five of their last six games following a comfortable 123-11 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Meanwhile, Houston snapped a seven-game losing streak with an exciting 121-115 win over the Detroit Pistons on Friday. Which team will earn a victory on Sunday evening?
Rockets vs. Lakers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: HOU: (+450) | LAL: (-600)
- Spread: HOU: +11.5 (-110) | LAL: -11.5 (-110)
- Total: 236.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Lakers enter this contest as massive road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 236.5 points, which is above average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Rockets vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- The Lakers have covered the spread in a game 37 times this season (37-36-2).
- The Rockets have been underdogs by 11 points or more 15 times this season and are 4-11 ATS in those games.
- Lakers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 37 times out of 76 chances this season.
- The Rockets have eclipsed the over/under 50% of the time this season (38 of 76 games with a set point total).
- When playing at home, Los Angeles sports a better record against the spread (19-18-1) compared to its ATS record in away games (18-18-1).
- This season, Houston is 16-21-1 at home against the spread (.421 winning percentage). On the road, it is 13-23-2 ATS (.342).
Rockets vs. Lakers Prediction & Pick
It's worth noting right off the bat that LeBron James is listed as questionable to play against the Rockets due to a foot injury, while Anthony Davis is listed as probable with an ankle injury. Davis turned his ankle against Minnesota during what was a dominant performance (game-high 38 points).
With or without their two stars, the Lakers have a clear path to a blowout here. Houston's playoff hopes are long gone by this point, so the coaching staff is not hesitating to play the young guys. The Rockets head into Sunday night ranked 27th in offensive efficiency and 29th in defensive efficiency.
Back a Lakers team that has won 11 of its last 14 games against the Rockets to earn a victory.
Final Score Prediction: Rockets: 112 | Lakers: 127
Rockets vs. Lakers Best Bet
As long as Davis suits up, it's safe to expect the 30-year-old center to put together another brilliant scoring performance. He is averaging a reliable 28.9 points over his last eight games and is shooting 60.7% from the floor during that span. Davis has scored at least 28 points in four of those contests.
The Rockets present little to no trouble when it comes to Davis' scoring chances considering they allow a two-point shooting percentage of 56.6% on the year (No. 24 in NBA) as well as 56.0 points in the paint over their last three games (No. 23 in NBA). Trust Davis to drain one bucket after another.
Bet: Anthony Davis Over 27.5 Points (-111)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.