Red Sox vs Rays Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for July 5
By Duel Staff
MLB action on Tuesday includes the Boston Red Sox playing the Tampa Bay Rays.
Before you do any MLB betting on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook, here's what you need to know.
Red Sox vs Rays Game Info
- Boston Red Sox (45-35) vs. Tampa Bay Rays (43-37)
- Date: Tuesday, July 5, 2022
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Venue: Fenway Park -- Boston, Massachusetts
Red Sox vs Rays Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-134) | TB: (+114)
- Spread: BOS: -1.5 (+142) | TB: +1.5 (-172)
- Total: 9.5 -- Over: (-104) | Under: (-118)
Red Sox vs Rays Probable Starting Pitchers
The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Boston Red Sox looking to Nick Pivetta (8-5), and Jeffrey Springs getting the nod for the Tampa Bay Rays.
Red Sox vs Rays Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Red Sox win (50.1%)
Red Sox vs Rays Moneyline
- Looking at the moneyline for Red Sox-Rays, Boston is the favorite at -134, and Tampa Bay is +114 playing on the road.
Red Sox vs Rays Spread
- The Rays are +1.5 on the runline against the Red Sox. The Rays are -172 to cover, and the Red Sox are +142.
Red Sox vs Rays Over/Under
- The Red Sox-Rays contest on July 5 has been given an over/under of 9.5 runs. The over is set at -104 and the under at -118.
Red Sox vs Rays Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have been chosen as favorites in 44 games this year and have walked away with the win 27 times (61.4%) in those games.
- This year, Boston has won 20 of 33 games when listed as at least -134 or better on the moneyline.
- Boston and their opponents have gone over in 30 of their 78 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rays have compiled a 10-17 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 37% of those games).
- Tampa Bay has a record of 4-10 when playing as a moneyline underdog with odds of +114 or longer (28.6%).
- Tampa Bay has combined with opponents to go over the total 37 times this season for a 37-38-5 record against the over/under.