Raptors vs. Hornets Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Scotiabank Arena -- Toronto, Ontario
- Coverage: TSN and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Tuesday with seven more games, including a battle between the Charlotte Hornets and Toronto Raptors. The Hornets rank 14th in the Eastern Conference with an 11-30 record, while the Raptors check in 11th with a 17-23 record. This one could go either way.
Charlotte enters as a loser in four of its last five games after falling short in a 116-111 loss to the Indiana Pacers on Sunday. Meanwhile, Toronto snapped a three-game losing streak with a 117-105 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday. Which Eastern Conference team will win on Tuesday?
Raptors vs. Hornets Odds & Spread
All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TOR: (-310) | CHA: (+250)
- Spread: TOR: -8 (-110) | CHA: +8 (-110)
- Total: 229 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Raptors enter this contest as clear home favorites on moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 229 points, which is about average when compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Raptors vs. Hornets Betting Trends
- The Raptors have compiled a 15-20-2 record against the spread this season.
- The Hornets have an ATS record of 8-4-1 in their 13 games when underdogs by 7.5 points or more this season.
- Games involving the Raptors have hit the over 19 times out of 39 chances this season.
- Hornets games this year have hit the over on 19 of 39 set point totals (48.7%).
- Against the spread, Toronto has fared better when playing at home, covering nine times in 20 home games, and six times in 17 road games.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Charlotte has a lower winning percentage at home (.278, 5-13-0 record) than on the road (.524, 11-7-3).
Raptors vs. Hornets Prediction & Pick
The Hornets are in the midst of a terrible season and cannot figure things out on the defensive side of the court. Charlotte is allowing 118.1 points per game (No. 28 in NBA) on an opponent shooting percentage of 48.0% (No. 23 in NBA). Overcoming those woes in Scotiabank Arena will be diffcult.
Toronto has a chance to pull away in this game as long as it continues to play aggressive defense. The Raptors rank 12th in defensive efficiency and lead the NBA in opponent turnovers per game (17.2). Neither one of these offenses are spectacular, which makes the efforts on defense important.
Toronto is 11-5 straight up in its last 16 games against Charlotte, so give me the Raptors at home.
Final Score Prediction: Raptors: 121 | Hornets: 109
Raptors vs. Hornets Best Bet
This is a head-to-head series that hasn't seen many close games as of late. In fact, the Raptors blew out the Hornets by at least 12 points in two of their three matchups against them last season. Toronto also enters tonight 7-2 against the spread (ATS) in its last nine games against the Southeast Division.
Charlotte is only 1-4 ATS in its last five games against the Atlantic Division and 2-6-1 ATS in its last nine games in January. Couple the Hornets' poor defense with the fact that they are shooting just 45.6% on the road this season (No. 21 in NBA) and the Raptors line up as the safe betting option.
Bet: Toronto Raptors -8 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.