Raptors vs. Magic Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 14 (Toronto Fails to Pull Away at Scotiabank Arena)
Raptors vs. Magic Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Scotiabank Arena -- Toronto, Ontario
- Coverage: BSFL and SportsNet
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Monday with five more games, including a battle between the Orlando Magic and Toronto Raptors. The Magic rank 13th in the Eastern Conference with a subpar 24-34 record, while the Raptors check in ninth with an 27-31 record. This one could go either way.
Orlando enters as a victor in four of its last six games following a 100-91 win over the Chicago Bulls on Monday. Meanwhile, Toronto has now won four of its last five games thanks to a 119-118 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday. Which Eastern Conference team will keep the momentum going?
Raptors vs. Magic Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TOR: (-290) | ORL: (+235)
- Spread: TOR: -7 (-114) | ORL: +7 (-106)
- Total: 221.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Raptors enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 221.5 points, which ranks as the lowest of Tuesday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Raptors vs. Magic Betting Trends
- The Raptors have covered the spread in a game 23 times this season (23-29-3).
- The Magic have an against the spread record of 19-10-2 in their 31 games as an underdog of 6.5 points or more this season.
- Raptors games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 30 times out of 54 chances this season.
- The Magic have gone over the point total 48.1% of the time this year (26 of 54 games with a set point total).
- Toronto has done a better job covering the spread at home (13-13-2) than it has in road affairs (10-16-1).
- Orlando has performed better against the spread at home (17-10-0) than on the road (15-10-2) this year.
Raptors vs. Magic Prediction & Pick
Orlando is 3.0 games back of the final play-in spot and have a dangerous young scoring duo in Paolo Banchero (20.0 PPG) and Franz Wagner (19.1 PPG). The Magic will be a team to watch out for as their team chemistry hits its peak down the stretch. Pulling off an upset in Toronto is a lot to ask, though.
Pascal Siakam is shooting an impressive 60.7% over his last three games, while Fred VanVleet just drained six three-pointers in his most recent outing. However, Toronto's rebounding is what sticks out most about the team. The Raptors average 13.2 offensive rebounds per home game (No. 2 in NBA).
Toronto is 14-3 straight up in its last 17 games against Orlando, so back the Raptors on Tuesday.
Final Score Prediction: Raptors: 113 | Magic: 109
Raptors vs. Magic Best Bet
These teams have already met three times this season, with each matchup taking place in December. The Magic came out on top in two of those three games and also enters Tuesday 12-5 against the spread (ATS) in their last 17 games overall. That's a perfect recipe to back Orlando as a big underdog.
The Magic are also 5-1 ATS in their last six away games, while the Raptors are 2-5 ATS in their last seven games overall. While Toronto will be able to feed off the home crowd in this game, Orlando averages 27.6 fourth-quarter points per game (No. 11 in NBA). This one will end up as a nail-biter.
Bet: Orlando Magic +7 (-106)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.