Raptors vs. Magic Game Info
- Date: Saturday, December 3, 2022
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: Scotiabank Arena -- Toronto, Ontario
- Coverage: TSN and BSFL
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Saturday, Dec. 3 with a slate of seven matchups, including a tilt north of the border between the Toronto Raptors and Orlando Magic. The Raptors hope that a return home reverses their fortunes, dropping their second straight road game with a 114-105 loss to the Brooklyn Nets on Friday.
The Raptors' losing skid doesn't compared to the Magic's, though. Orlando's 107-96 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers yesterday marked its seventh straight loss. The Magic haven't won on the road since Nov. 18, leaving time to tell if that streaks ends at Scotiabank Arena.
Raptors vs. Magic Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TOR: (-520) | ORL: (+400)
- Spread: TOR: -11 (-114) | ORL: +11 (-106)
- Total: 219 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Raptors enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 219 points, which is the second-lowest of Saturday's projected totals.
Raptors vs. Magic Betting Trends
- The Raptors have covered the spread in a game nine times this season (9-9-2).
- The Magic have been underdogs by 10 points or more two times this year and covered the spread once.
- This season, Raptors games have hit the over nine times out of 21 chances.
- Magic games this year have gone over the point total 47.6% of the time (10 out of 21 games with a set point total).
- Toronto has done a better job covering the spread at home (5-2-1) than it has in road tilts (4-7-1).
- Orlando has performed better against the spread at home (6-4-0) than away (3-6-2) this season.
Raptors vs. Magic Prediction & Pick
The Magic won't get any relief on their trip to Canada. The team has already ruled out five players for tonight's festivities, including key individuals like Wendell Carter Jr. (plantar fascia) and Jalen Suggs (knee). While the Raptors will also be without Precious Achiuwa (ankle), the majority of the squad is playing with a clean bill of health.
The Raptors have also been rock solid at home this season where they're 8-2 straight up with a plus-4.8 scoring margin (No. 12). Meanwhile, the Magic have lost four straight road games where they averaged just 103.3 points on abysmal .454/.328/.694 shooting splits, losing each game by an average of 10 points.
Back the Raptors returning to prominence with another impressive home victory.
Final Score Prediction: Raptors: 117 | Magic: 104
Raptors vs. Magic Best Bet
Pascal Siakam has played well since his return to injury, scoring 23-plus points in back-to-back games. His point projected point total for tonight is set at 23.5 points on FanDuel Sportsbook and I believe that he can hit the over on it.
Siakam loves playing against the Magic at Scotiabank Arena, averaging 26.5 PPG with a 53.2% field-goal percentage in the last four games in Toronto. Furthermore, he's gone over 23.5 points in four of those outings, including 30-plus point efforts in each of the last two meetings.
With the Magic dealing with injuries, back another strong showing from 'Spicy P.'
Bet: Pascal Siakam Points — Over 23.5 (-112)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.