The MLB slate on Wednesday includes the Texas Rangers facing the Oakland Athletics.
All the information you need to make smart bets on this game at FanDuel Sportsbook can be found below. Check out all of the latest MLB betting lines here.
Rangers vs Athletics Game Info
- Texas Rangers (52-64) vs. Oakland Athletics (42-75)
- Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Venue: Globe Life Field -- Arlington, Texas
Rangers vs Athletics Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TEX: (-162) | OAK: (+136)
- Spread: TEX: -1.5 (+125) | OAK: +1.5 (-150)
- Total: 9 -- Over: (-104) | Under: (-118)
Rangers vs Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers
The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Texas Rangers looking to Cole Ragans (0-1), and Adam Oller (1-5) taking the ball for the Oakland Athletics.
Rangers vs Athletics Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Rangers win (51.5%)
Rangers vs Athletics Moneyline
- Looking at the moneyline for Rangers-Athletics, Texas is the favorite at -162, and Oakland is +136 playing on the road.
Rangers vs Athletics Spread
- The Rangers are hosting the Athletics and are favored by 1.5 runs (+125 to cover) on the runline. Oakland is -150 to cover.
Rangers vs Athletics Over/Under
- The over/under for the Rangers versus Athletics contest on August 17 has been set at 9, with -104 odds on the over and -118 odds on the under.
Rangers vs Athletics Betting Trends
- The Rangers have come away with 18 wins in the 45 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- This year, Texas has won two of four games when listed as at least -168 or better on the moneyline.
- Contests with Texas have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 55 of 113 chances this season.
- The Athletics have a 35-59 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 37.2% of those games).
- Oakland is 21-33 (winning just 38.9% of its games) when playing as a moneyline underdog of +142 or longer.
- Oakland has combined with opponents to go over the total 45 times this season for a 45-59-5 record against the over/under.