Nadal vs McDonald Australian Open Schedule & Info
2023 Australian Open Men's Round 2 Match
No. 1 Rafael Nadal vs Mackenzie McDonald
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2023
Start Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
Venue: Rod Laver Arena — Melbourne, Australia
Nadal vs McDonald Odds & Set Betting
All 2023 Australian Open betting odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: Nadal: (-1200) | McDonald: (+790)
To Win 1st Set: Nadal: (-500) | McDonald: (+350)
Set Betting: Nadal: 3-0 (-140) | 3-1 (+260) | 3-2 (+550)
Set Betting: McDonald: 3-0 (+3300) | 3-1 (+1800) | 3-2 (+1300)
Nadal vs McDonald Prediction & Pick
All Australian Open expert predictions & picks are made by Tennis Tonic.
- Prediction: Nadal in 3 sets
Tennis Tonic sees the reigning Australian Open winner making quick work of Mackenzie McDonald in the second round and I find myself leaning that same way. Now is not the right time to go against Nadal considering he has reached the quarterfinals in each of his last six Australian Open showings.
Meanwhile, McDonald has only advanced past the second round of the Australian Open once in his tennis career (2021). The 27-year-old needed every bit of his talent to get by Brandon Nakashima in five sets during Sunday's Round 1 match, too. Long matches can lead to quite a bit of fatigue.
Fans tuning in on Tuesday are either in for even more brilliance from Nadal or a monumental upset.
Nadal vs McDonald Head-to-Head Stats & Betting Trends
- Rafael Nadal defeated Mackenzie McDonald in straight sets during the only head-to-head matchup at the 2020 French Open.
- Nadal's best finish at the Australian Open was winning the title in 2009 & 2022.
- McDonald's best finish at the Australian Open was reaching the fourth round in 2021.
- Nadal defeated Jack Draper in four sets in the first round of the 2023 Australian Open.
- McDonald defeated Brandon Nakashima in five sets in the first round of the 2023 Australian Open.
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.